The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

System request or question

Raccoon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it looks great like that.

My brother is very impressed that someone wants to spend time on this old and not so well known computer.

I'll have a look at the problem with system10.dsk tomorrow.

thanks

and not really a problem. i made the module always load the system10 dsk into the second drive

so it is working perfectly so far

thanks

have a good one

happy new year@!

Cool.

Here are some links that u might have already. They seem to have lots of games in .bac and/or .bas and/or other formats. I have not been able to find an emulator that loads .bac and/or .bas etc. Only .dsk format. MESS tells me they are not able to be loaded but if someone knows how to load them "command line" please let me know. Otherwise, if you are able to convert the .bac/.bas to .dsk, I can add them to the wheel. Even if you put multiple .bac/.bas onto one .dsk ... like the SPEL disk.... I can have the module load them from the one disk. Thanks....

http://www.devili.iki.fi/pub/Luxor/software/ABC-klubben/abc80.zip

Brolly, ... do you know of any emulator for luxor abc80 that can load .bac/.bas?

thank u

craig

I have downloaded a lot of .bac and .bas files from http://www.devili.iki.fi/pub/Luxor/software/ABC-klubben/abc80/ under the category "spel" (games).

With the tool Dosgen you can create empty .dsk images and with Doscopy you can copy .bac, .bas and other files to the empty .dsk images.

The commandline in a dospromt would look like this for Dosgen: dosgen GAME1.dsk

And for Doscopy: doscopy GAME1.dsk -t gamename.bas

The extension varies, -t for text based files like .bas or .inf and some others, -b for .bac (maybe machine code), -a for .sys, machinecode (I think)

Sometimes you have to experiment with different extensions to make it work and sometimes there are faults in the downloaded files from the above link so it doesn´t work at all.

Some programs use a short program to load external files with machin code, like GLIPP that loads GLIPP.STY, I think there can be trouble if you try to run a .bac or .bas directly if that file tries to load another program part from disk.

About the system10.dsk problem - do you mean you can´t "run lib"?

LIB is a program that must be stored in the .dsk image to be able to run, it´s just a little program that shows the files on that disk, it doesn´t have to be there if you know what´s on the disk so if you can load .bac and .bas from youre module that should be fine.

I have run in to a small problem when copying files to a .dsk image in the wrong way - then there will be a fault in the disk directory, "run lib" won´t work, but you can load some of the other programs on the disk.

I will get started with making .dsk images soon and I think I will do it all over again, naming the images GAME1.dsk, GAME2 etc. and try to fill the disk images in alpabetical order and test every program so I know it works.

Btw - I really like the wheels and so in your last video :)

cool

ill get started

the module will use a ton of sending keystrokes to load games

but they are all LETTERS and not quotes/colons etc ...the latter of which seem to mess up between keyboards

hopefully an A is an A and a B is a B on both english and swedish (i.e. your keyboard)....when all is said and done

but even if not

we will be able to fix any issues

thanks for the disks!!

cool

hopefully an A is an A and a B is a B on both english and swedish (i.e. your keyboard)....when all is said and done

Yes probably, but the games are case sensitive, most games require CAPITAL letters to steer them, and a lot of the games are text adventures which makes them useless without a real keyboard and

for about 99.9% of the people in the world that don´t speak Swedish :D

cool...just so you know

the way the roms will end up looking

i will save gamedisk1 with the name of each game on the disk

(like glipp.dsk, masken.dsk, othello.dsk)...or whatever games are on there

but they have to be saved EXACTLY to match what needs to be typed to load them

because the module will type in the name of the .dsk file after RUN ........

make sense?

cool

got one more thing to figure out about autohotkey then should work GREAT

It´s for me and my brother but we never had this computer at home, only in school.

I will check centipod tomorrow, same problem here, the error code means fault in directory of disk.

Ofcourse i can change the letter, I´ll just use 'a' or 'o' instead of the swedish letters :)

Archived