Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

System request or question

Raccoon

There is one old computer that I would like to have in my Hyperspin setup.

It was made in Sweden in 1978-198?, the brand was Luxor and the computer was called ABC80

There are not so many games for this system but it has a huge nostalgically value for me and my brother.

I have found a few games in disk images and an emulator called ABCWin2.

Is there a way to make this run in Hyperspin?

I don´t have the knowledge to do something like that myself, so if there is someone out there who have to much spare time... :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can give it a shot when I get back to my computer in 9 days or so...... (if you want)

I work with goofy systems on hyperspin all the time

here is my current project...a russian system...so u can see what my stuff looks like...i like it but if you do not ....thats cool ...no biggie

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?38171-ALF-Main-Menu-craiganderson(20141218)

MAIN MENU THEME

LSL_zDRfwD0

MAIN MENU THEME

2014-12-18_21-03-43_zps6a5ec828.png

GAME THEME

WrDI-jCTDqc

BEZEL - WORK IN PROGRESS

dsfadf_zps361e2807.png

let me know if u want me to do it?

but if someone else wants to...thats cool too

And if you do want me to do it....

Try to find links to pictures of the console, computer, boxes, cartridges, logos, advertisements from magazines etc,

try to find as many games as possible....and try to see if compatible with the emulator u have

and just post the links on this thread so we dont lose them

Maybe post link to emulator etc

Is there a game that the system is "known for??" especially if it has a cool identifiable character (like mario for nes etc)...that would be helpful

:) :) :) :) :)

OH YEAH...check and see if MESS can run this system ... if u can. Or somebody else when they have a sec?

thanks

craig

As far as I have seen MESS can run this system.

It´s a real simple 8 bit monochrome computer, I don´t think there is any commersial games, no boxes etc.

It was sold as a computer for companies and I guess all games was made by students and I assume all of them that had any text was written in Swedish.

Probably not so many of the computers was sold outside Sweden.

The most famous game was probably GLIPP that was a Pac Man clone, the only game that I know of that was written in some kind of machine code, assembler perhaps.

Nice job with ALF by the way and if you wish to take a looka at the ABC80 too I would be happy :)

I´ll try to search a bit for pictures and links.

http://www.pc-museum.com/gallery/rcm-004-big.jpg

There is also a Swedish ABC80 club or forum, if there is something you or anyone else wonder I can always ask there.

• 2 weeks later...
what is link? thanks

The forum seems outdated and gone, I´ll see if I can find anything else.

All i know so far is if you run ABCWin2/abc80.exe and add a disk image, then you type RUN or LOAD NAME and it loads the program.

I´ve been able to run alot of programs that I found.

Here you can find alot of software http://www.devili.iki.fi/pub/Luxor/software/ABC-klubben/abc80/

Hopefully the romfiles uploaded to my FTP folder can be used with MESS.

There´s a newer version, don´t know the difference but it´s called ABCWin2

Yes the "Bruksanvisning" :) User manual that is.

There´s also programs for making new empty diskimages and copy files to the diskimage in the torrent link on this page https://kickass.so/abc-80-em-t792076.html

The extension dsk is not shown as compatible with mess nor is .BAC or .BAS which are runable program files.

Yes, but there are alot more games that you can put into dsk files. But you have already found the best game there is :)

Sorry for the delay, I lost connection and had to use my phone instead.

Getting late in my part of the world, time for bed now.

I'll see if I can create more dsk images tomorrow.

Very nice, good work :)

I don't think that system10.dsk needs to be in the second drive, I will check that tomorrow.

Now we are looking forward to new year, only 6 hours left here :)

cool

happy new year

yeah its weird...but i get an err 21 (i think it was ) every time i try to load spel.dsk WITHOUT system10 in second drive.....

for reals...

Archived