Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Horror Comic Inspired Build

I love the artwork, it should be amazing when finished. I didn't know about the ATI/Type X issue. My video capture rig has a 6 port ati card and I HAVE had issues with some of them. Maybe if I try my nvidia PC I can get the rest to play.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the artwork, it should be amazing when finished.

Thanks! I'm really hoping I can score a high resolution scan of this cover to use for one of the sides. It's long been one of my favorites, but I've never been able to find a physical copy for purchase around here.

tumblr_lqz7d8HnQB1qgb00vo1_500.jpg

I think that since the source is a book it would have to be redrawn regardless. But that would make for some fairly incredible sideart. I don't have any contacts at the tip of my fingers but I do know that you can hire artists out of country (Russia, India) for "relatively" cheap.

I think that since the source is a book it would have to be redrawn regardless. But that would make for some fairly incredible sideart. I don't have any contacts at the tip of my fingers but I do know that you can hire artists out of country (Russia, India) for "relatively" cheap.

Even if I scanned the cover at 600 DPI or higher, then increased the size, but dropped the DPI down to 200 or 300 DPI? Still think that would be too small?

I have used Alien Skin Blowup in adobe photoshop for many projects I have printed and it works great for making smaller images much larger. Scanning it at a high resolution then using blowup just might work. I have the blowup software if you need help with it.

I have used Alien Skin Blowup in adobe photoshop for many projects I have printed and it works great for making smaller images much larger. Scanning it at a high resolution then using blowup just might work. I have the blowup software if you need help with it.

The scan I have of the image is only something like 8x10 inches, and I need it to fit the sides of an Ultimate Arcade II panel. If you think your software can produce good results, that would be awesome!

www.racheldeering.com/nightmare18b.jpg

Yesterday involved a whole lot of taping and painting. Not my favorite part, to say the least. The formica is also dirty again, which drives me crazy, but I guess I should reserve trying to clean it until the end, when there will be no more cutting or sanding, haha.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I have also decided on the artwork I will use for the top side panels and the control panel overlay. An awesome contact of mine was able to scan the original magazine covers at 1200 DPI. Hopefully that will be enough to produce some nice quality artwork.

This will be the left side, cut to shape, obviously.

topleft.jpg

This will be the right.

topright.jpg

And, finally, the control panel overlay.

cpo.jpg

So, as I mentioned before, I have a contact who was able to scan the original cover art that I want to use for my sides and CPO. He scanned the images at 1200 DPI and sent them over. Since these magazines were printed in the 70s, they used dot patterns instead of solid areas of color. This is a closeup of the image, zoomed in to 75% to show the dot pattern.

All that said, do you guys think this will make for a nice print, or is it gonna look like crap?

artcloseup.jpg

Archived