Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

multiplayer gaming

palentir

Hello, I am fully aware I may be 'taking the piss' a little when requesting this. but thought I would extend my imagination out there a bit ;-)

kaillera...

imagion you and a freind had cabinets at your homes, could you imagion built in webcams, with voice-over-ip so you can speak and see eachother while playing? and if you connect to someone elses "hyperspin" application you could take control of what game to play next by choosing the game. maybe a bit of argument would be included lol. and then when you launch the emu, it somehow auto-logs into kaillera and starts you playing together? to me that sounds amazing, to a developer that would leave them scratching there head and looking at their watch. epic request i know, but had the erge to post my idea, sorry :-p

Well.. I'm not sure that's going to happen anytime soon.

I have MameHub launched from the PC Launcher module , which works well , but I don't have a stand up cab built yet. I doubt it's a problem assigning a trackball for the gui. Point , Click and you're away. Probably isn't anything from stopping you loading skype or something at the same time. It may look a bit messy and you might have to position the windows a bit, but still possible.

There is other software for multiplayer on a cab , can't think what it's called right now though.

• 2 years later...

Yeah I think that idea is really amazing. Bringing multi-player for old arcade games/console systems into the 21st century is something that I think really needs attention. Of course I understand it is probably the biggest PITA to even begin to think about programming for, but my lord what fun this could be. But having to run all these different programs and servers and clients and crap just to connect is too archaic nowadays. It needs to just work ya know? Like built in, auto-detecting everything and presenting it in an easy non-intrusive (for cabs especially) gui interface that works right inside of hyperspin. I know the hyperspin people probably don't even have this feature on the radar, but as far as brainstorming I think that idea is the final icing on the cake for the entire world of retro-gaming via emulation/front-ends.

I dont mind running servers for these and having them setup. I have been running game servers for over 10 years, some of the most popular in the world. If someone could maybe make a way to autoconnect to a server through a launch configured by say HL. Its pretty easy to do with steam games, quake engine games and souce games as these can be started with HTML codes and Cmd promts. Be cool if we could bring the best games together with HS players in game???

Some games you can even Bypass the menus and jump straight into the server.... very addictive :)

Be great to join servers with all you guys in them

I feel like everything but the voice and webcam application is a hyperlaunch feature request. Maybe post the request over on the www.hyperlaunch.net site to get those developers attention.

The voice and webcam thing is a frontend request. Although you would probably be better off using a well known program for the webcam and voice stuff than an untested probably never going to happen frontend feature.

I feel like everything but the voice and webcam application is a hyperlaunch feature request. Maybe post the request over on the www.hyperlaunch.net site to get those developers attention.

The voice and webcam thing is a frontend request. Although you would probably be better off using a well known program for the webcam and voice stuff than an untested probably never going to happen frontend feature.

Sorry Ghutch, Im lost... Voice and Webcam? Im just talking about having say a Quake 1 server. Easily made and all it would take would be an extra command in the launch. Games would have to be uniformal but that easy enough

Haha! so he did. I just see the last couple of posts. Nice idea about getting online setup for the wheels though. Be great to play some of the old classics with everyone on here. Something low end so everyone with their systems could play, but still fun. I could configure it so it had voice too so you could have chat with everyone on here.No vi though Im afraid that would be too much for HS and my abilities. Will have a dig around and see what I can find. May be worth a test run

Archived