Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

5D Hyperspin Bartop Arcade Cabinet!

Fifthdread

This is my cab near finished! Software is 97% complete, and the hardware is put together with the exception of the bezel which I will put together this weekend...

Stickers for the side and control panel are being made also. Check out the boot up and shutdown sequence! Also, check out my channel which is exclusively about my cabinet building progress! I need some feedback for the current and future builds, so feel free to post here and on my videos! :D

Ohh, and 5D stands for Fifthdread... Fifthdread is like my online alias... lol

Some suggestions, not sure if you have these planned yet:

- get rid of the default bios splash, new mobos should have the ability to put your own

- change the text while windows is loading so it doesn't say Windows at the bottom

- shell HS and get rid of explorer, this will help bootup and shutdown, you won't see a taskbar. I put out a tool that with one button press, you can get it back if you have to do work. It's posted on the forum.

Why was there 25 seconds of nothing on the screen after the bios? A fresh install shouldn't take that long. Should be more like 5-10.

Otherwise, looks good. Good job.

Thanks for the feedback! I think I will take your advice and change the bios screen... I should be able to do it. I will try and shell hyperspin as well. I know I am running a 5200rpm boot drive... Not sure why it is taking so long... Time for work!

• 1 year later...

Archived