The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Programming and Hyperspin: What should we know?

Benzo

Hello all and thank you for reading this post. I have been playing around with hyperspin for a few days now and at first I was overwhelmed (still am). The only programing I have ever done was with matlab and excel (engineering stuff). I would like to know what coding skills/languages might come in handy while learning how to set up hyperspin? Its seems that if I could get an idea of how it works beneath the hood I will be better off.

Thanks for the replies everybody! I was trying to avoid coding but I am going to look into auto hot key... at least the basics... I don't want to make things too complicated for myself. I just had a feeling that I would spend a ton of time setting things up and then all of the sudden realize I'm over my head.

I just downloaded the autohotkey program. I guess its open source. I'm reading the help menu... It is like a help menu for the modules etc. that are ahk files in hyperspin..... food for thought I guess. I am going to read the basics and only use it if I need too. I'm a noob...

You spend a lot of time setting things up because you have to setup a ton of emulators, get all the wheel art, videos, roms, configure your controller and so on.

However, with Retroarch now, it has become a lot easier since that emulator can now take care of the vast majority of systems.

You're better off learning photoshop if you want to customize the look of your hyperspin.

I just downloaded the autohotkey program. I guess its open source. I'm reading the help menu... It is like a help menu for the modules etc. that are ahk files in hyperspin..... food for thought I guess. I am going to read the basics and only use it if I need too. I'm a noob...

you only need to install and learn AHK if

1. you are running Hyperlaunch 1

2. you want to set up rare, and I mean rare emulators in your system. You will need to create your own module

Most if not all of the installation for Hyperspin and Hyperlaunch is simply setting paths to your roms, emulators and other 3rd party software such as DTlite.

Archived