Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Multiplayer Game Lists

cowbells

Hey guys. Found some old lists I made of 3-4 players (in some cases more) for the consoles I care about most. I know there are plenty of resources for sorting through arcade games out there, but that wasn't the case for consoles when I checked. Anyway, I'm going to revive my previous work in the hopes that we can get lists of all multiplayer games eventually.

Here is a spreadsheet by system for games that support more than one player:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T7M51XQlTLvggdCIGanhlEb2CiXhtOMYUTREt3_dI1Y/edit#gid=1131636697

Please let me know if you have more games to add to any of these lists. Also, feel free to make more lists for other systems!

Where I'm going with this... It'd be nice to eventually have genre databases for 2 player games, 3 player games, 4 player games, etc. games for each system. This would be really nice for those occasions when you have people over and they want to know what games 3 people can play.... or whatever the scenario may be.

Btw, I'm working on way too many things in my life to handle this entirely myself right now, so don't expect immediate updates, but here's hoping other people would like to help!

Want to help? Let's see some action! I'll be sure to update this first post with anything that has been updated. Once we have collected the necessary information, we can start making these into databases to use with the Genre wheels. I'll put these in Post #2. This post will be for information about this project. Btw, if you want to make a database, take the time and copy all the info from the official dats. We want to retain all the info like years, manus, etc.

To make this happen, we need to go farther. Basically what is needed is a list of every multiplayer game for each system and how many players are supported. From there, we can start knocking out genre databases.

If you want to help, let me know and I can give you access to the spreadsheet so you can start putting in information. Thanks guys!

Sweet!

Systems are named via the tabs.

PM your email and I'll add you as a collaborator. Then you can reorganize the spreadsheet if you want. Add tabs for systems, when you have a system done, lemme know.

Once we have good lists, then knocking out the databases should be easy. That information is already there. Also, please post what you are working on so other people don't overlap.

I'll take Genesis / 32X / CD.

What do you think. Should it just be multiplayer games or should we specify the number of players? Here's the issue:

If we go with what I wrote in the first post, MAME's genre wheel will eventually look like this:

2 Player Games

3 Player Games

4 Player Games

5 Player Games

6 Player Games

etc.

Maybe we should do 2 Player games and 3 or more Player games? Still, we should collect the number of simultaneous players 'cause that info could be useful to other people down the road.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'll bump this thread, I'd like to see if there was any progress made. I started doing something to this effect:

CGZlyeF.png

The design and placement is definitely not final, but I wanted to incorporate something like this into my build. It's useful for nights when you got four buddies over so you don't have to take the time to boot a game up and find out it's just two player. 

Edit: I'll totally help out with whatever list.

• 2 years later...

There's a few threads like this that kind of fizzle out from a few years ago.

While SupraKarma has made some excellent xmls for multiplayer and coop with his Ultimate Packs, I'm personally on the hunt for Master System and NES.

If anyone knows where to find any or has any they use please let me know, I expect I'll be looking into creating my own otherwise at some point if I ever get time.

Archived