Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

New Feature: Beer Me

Circo

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...wheres your beer me? ;)  Been trying to buy you beers, but alas, you been drinking champagne and have not set it up yet :P

ok ok, so I had a paypal account all along. Just have this mental condition I don't deserve anything, but I guess I ran out of beer one too many times  ;)

tUMZovT.png

looks like you've already managed :)

Actually no, I set it up partially a few months back..but didn't finish it. and now when I want to change the settings.. it says that I'm not allowed to. "You do not have permission to use this setting."

Then I have no clue, changed your group to Media Creators, can't really just make you an admin, so no clue what else I can do or what the actual problem is.... pm Circo I guess, he's the one who added the functionality.

Then I have no clue, changed your group to Media Creators, can't really just make you an admin, so no clue what else I can do or what the actual problem is.... pm Circo I guess, he's the one who added the functionality.

I will PM Circo! thanks THK

*edit* I will wait with PMing Circo, giga enters the ring :)

mine doesn't work, can someone help I'm getting the you do not have the permissions message under the settings

This is a feature for ppl to thank/tip contributors. What exactly have you been contributing if I might ask?

This is a feature for ppl to thank/tip contributors. What exactly have you been contributing if I might ask?

mate, i have been out of the scene for 2 years but i have made themes that have been approved, I have also created scripts and files for taito for bluetooth disabling etc used by many members. Surprised people forget so easily.

mate, i have been out of the scene for 2 years but i have made themes that have been approved, I have also created scripts and files for taito for bluetooth disabling etc used by many members. Surprised people forget so easily.

I guess mostly because you have no avatar I can recall, not that your name sounds totally unfamiliar, just couldn't place it  :)

hmmm, what did you do? can just find like 3 themes

Hi mate, no disrespect but I didn't realize that there was a hard "rule" or "policy" on how much one has to contribute in order for another member to be able to thank them. Please show me if there is such a thing. If beer me is reserved for the hyperspin elite members who contribute "XX" so be it but make this clear as its pretty demotivating to the other platinum / small time contributors like myself who do what they can to help the community to the best of their abilities.

Let me give you another example, here are my scripts, this here was downloaded by 83 members, probably 100 times more before they were upped to the download section as they use to be linked from my tutorial forum post. http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/8339-bluetooth-enabledisable-scripts-for-taito-type-x/

Im sure one of the 83+ might potentially "thank me" in order to play taito type x when having a bluetooth conflict? Even thought no one is forcing anyone else to give someone a donation so why would you limit this based on your discretion?

I also had tutorials in the day on the forum on wiimotes and eventghost / bluetooth. Gig and Langers would know about these as they were involved they can validate.

Im sure Im not the only one who feels this way?

Dude, I don't know. I'm not the one who added this feature and only added it myself recently. I guess I was just asking because it would kinda defeat the purpose if just anyone would add it.

Yes I might be 'elitist', but I'd rather only see members sport the Beer Me feature who actually put in some time. This doesn't mean just artwork, but also databases, scripts, tutorials, etc. If I'm not aware of any of this, sorry, but I personally keep to the artwork part of the forum. I meant no disrespect, just wanted you to point me to some of the helpful work you did without the need for a post like above.

I could just have said I didn't add the feature, nor did I set any rules for it, so if you don't have permission, there would probably be a reason for it so tough luck. But I'll look into it, if it requires me to add you to a members group you should be a part of, I can't help but to ask Circo if he can do something about the permission thing. Reading the 1st page, it does say "for any member" so I guess I might have to do the latter anyway. Guess it's been a long time between when I read the 1st page and actually added the feature myself.

I was in the pub last night, I shouted "The referee's a wanker" and people started to throw money at me and bought me drinks. Incredible. ;)

Anyway the database team needs this added and Majorspawn can either go onto "App Developer" or "Media Creator". Unless it's going out to all even for those who say something mildly amusing. Perhaps it should encourage more people to be more active?

I agree. Maybe we should have a group added for ppl who need this feature without adding them to a group they don't really belong to. And maybe update the 1st post as well, to make the selection & request of the feature more selective.

Dude, I don't know. I'm not the one who added this feature and only added it myself recently. I guess I was just asking because it would kinda defeat the purpose if just anyone would add it.

Yes I might be 'elitist', but I'd rather only see members sport the Beer Me feature who actually put in some time. This doesn't mean just artwork, but also databases, scripts, tutorials, etc. If I'm not aware of any of this, sorry, but I personally keep to the artwork part of the forum. I meant no disrespect, just wanted you to point me to some of the helpful work you did without the need for a post like above.

I could just have said I didn't add the feature, nor did I set any rules for it, so if you don't have permission, there would probably be a reason for it so tough luck. But I'll look into it, if it requires me to add you to a members group you should be a part of, I can't help but to ask Circo if he can do something about the permission thing. Reading the 1st page, it does say "for any member" so I guess I might have to do the latter anyway. Guess it's been a long time between when I read the 1st page and actually added the feature myself.

no harm done all good mate

Archived