Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperpin logo background for 3 screen pinball cabinets - possible?

nebrunner

I've got my 3 screens set to plain black background right now but I was wondering if it is even possible to create something that would look good on a 3 screen cabinet. It would be cool to have a background that showed the hyperpin logo in the right aspect ratio for each screen. Or even for the playfield and backglass, maybe the dmd is pushing it.

For instance, I have monitors set up in what I think is the standard pattern from left to right [playfield 1920x1080] [backglass 1280x1024] [dmd 800x600 but only the top 1/4 is showing]

• 3 months later...

I created a custom background in Photoshop for the DMD screen. The background is the same aspect ratio of my third monitor and I only filled the top portion of it with a DMD style version of the hyperpin logo. Here's a jpg of the background and a shot of the end result:

post-70585-142870590373_thumb.jpg

post-70585-142870590376_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps!

How it works,,,???that this LOGO is working only on Pins without a DMD

Yea, it's just there as a filler when you're in the Hyperpin table selection UI and when the table DMD is being represented inside if the directb2s file. For example, the Black Hole DMD screen is actually in the directb2s backglass so the screen designated for the DMD isn't in use. Instead of it being a solid black desktop background or some other picture, I just use this instead. The DMD's on the games that aren't part of the backglass just go over it...just like they would on any other desktop background, make sense? It's not interactive at all, just a quick and dirty hack to fill the DMD screen when it's not in use by Hyperpin.

FYI, I've got HyperPin running with 3 screens on my PC (in preparation for building a mini pincab eventually) and use DisplayFusion to show the logo on all 3 screens. The free version lets you put a different picture on each screen, and the paid for version adds such things as multiple wallpaper profiles, custom scaling / rotation etc per screen, and lots of other features that are very useful on a desktop PC but unnecessary for a cabinet.

Archived