Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

I-pac4 second shift button won't work

Hyperion

Hi Hyperspin fans,

My problem is that I can't get my second 'shift' button to work. I've programmed both my player 1 and 3 start buttons to be my shift buttons but only my player 1 button works as shift. The player 3 start button works as a regular start button but won't 'shift' when held. Instead is repeats the mapped key like a normal button. I've tried reprogramming it several times and I've unplugged and re-plugged the wiring with no success.

I need P3 start button to shift in order to use my three sided cocktail cab in vertical mode eg. shift + 'back' = exit game.

Help?

Hey Hyperion,

I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out the very same thing. I essentially wanted two separate shifted keys, however after some back and forth with Andy this is not possible. Albeit, this is very confusing because if you look in the panel designer and go into the table view mode it shows shift 2 player 3 start. Which was what led me to believe I can program two separate buttons to be shifted keys. In short, only player 1 start can be a shifted key nothing else, but if anyone wants to chime in please correct me if I'm wrong. I hope this helps you.

Hi Hyperspin fans,

My problem is that I can't get my second 'shift' button to work. I've programmed both my player 1 and 3 start buttons to be my shift buttons but only my player 1 button works as shift. The player 3 start button works as a regular start button but won't 'shift' when held. Instead is repeats the mapped key like a normal button. I've tried reprogramming it several times and I've unplugged and re-plugged the wiring with no success.

I need P3 start button to shift in order to use my three sided cocktail cab in vertical mode eg. shift + 'back' = exit game.

Help?

Hey Hyperion,

I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out the very same thing. I essentially wanted two separate shifted keys, however after some back and forth with Andy this is not possible. Albeit, this is very confusing because if you look in the panel designer and go into the table view mode it shows shift 2 player 3 start. Which was what led me to believe I can program two separate buttons to be shifted keys. In short, only player 1 start can be a shifted key nothing else, but if anyone wants to chime in please correct me if I'm wrong. I hope this helps you.

I assumed the same thing because of the shift table in winipac. I hope it's not true. Rewiring is very tricky on my cab. It's basically a sealed unit now!

I did too, even when you look at the documentation on the ultimarc site it says an Ipac4 can have two shifted keys, but then when you look elsewhere on the site it only shows that one can be enabled I tried getting things to work for day's, which is why i contacted the man himself Andy. A possible work around for you depending on what you were planning on having the other shifted key do is configure macros...

I assumed the same thing because of the shift table in winipac. I hope it's not true. Rewiring is very tricky on my cab. It's basically a sealed unit now!

I think I've tried that before to try and work backwards and seeing if I could get two shifted options, but unfortunately it did not work. I believe it's just set to player 1 start. What did you want the second set of shifted keys to do ?

Do you know if it's possible to map the shift key to the P3-4 buttons if I disable the P1-2 shift key?

I think I've tried that before to try and work backwards and seeing if I could get two shifted options, but unfortunately it did not work. I believe it's just set to player 1 start. What did you want the second set of shifted keys to do ?

I just tried it too. No luck.

I want my exit rom/escape button to be a shifted button to eliminate accidental exiting. I need to have a shift button for P3 (player 1 for vertical cocktail mode) and player 1 (player 1 for horizontal mode).

Looks like I'll have to splice two button's positive wires together and fit them to the P1 start input on the i-pac4. I'll have to move my P1 start to one of the unused P4 inputs. Not fun to do on my cab. I can barely stick my head inside and the ipac is right at the back. I knew I should of placed it more in a more accessible position even if I did have to us another 20m of wiring.

Yup, that was exactly what I was trying to achieve, but no luck. I would wait though and see if anyone else has a fix for this just in case I am wrong, which I hope I am, but don't think I am.

I just tried it too. No luck.

I want my exit rom/escape button to be a shifted button to eliminate accidental exiting. I need to have a shift button for P3 (player 1 for vertical cocktail mode) and player 1 (player 1 for horizontal mode).

Looks like I'll have to splice two button's positive wires together and fit them to the P1 start input on the i-pac4. I'll have to move my P1 start to one of the unused P4 inputs. Not fun to do on my cab. I can barely stick my head inside and the ipac is right at the back. I knew I should of placed it more in a more accessible position even if I did have to us another 20m of wiring.

That seems strange to me. I dont use the IPac but according to the software you can assign "2" Shift buttons..........

Have you tried with a different button being the second shift?

Yeah, I tried it on a different button with no success. Everything points towards the existence of a second shift button capability but it just doesn't work.

Well thats just false advertising!!!!

Ask for your money back....... or another Ipac ;)

Well, I've emailed Andy, so I'll wait to see what he comes up with. In the meantime I better go fold myself into a pretzel so I can fit into my cab to do some rewiring. I just hope I don't bump something and create another problem that'll be hell to track down.

Just a thought, and probably not a good one, but can the key maps on an Ipac be changed on the fly via scripting or some other method?

Maybe you could get it to change between 2 sets of mappings, one with P1 start and the other with P3 start......

Just an idea.

Just a thought, and probably not a good one, but can the key maps on an Ipac be changed on the fly via scripting or some other method?

Maybe you could get it to change between 2 sets of mappings, one with P1 start and the other with P3 start......

Just an idea.

Thanks Don. Maybe but I wouldn't know how.

Andy from Ultrimarc has confirmed that only one shift button can be used. He said I can change it to P3 start but I'm waiting for confirmation that it need to to be a start button.

• 1 year later...

It's been a long time and I don't currently have a PC in my cabinet to check but I think I used the default shift and wired my second shift button into the one "shift" input on the I-PAC 4. Also I'm pretty sure that you need to use the default shift key on the board as remapping it with the bundled software won't work...? Sorry, but my memory is really hazy on this issue as it's been so long.

Archived