Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

or8ital's 3 Screen Arcade and "Helper" Software

or8ital

I'm really early in the process but thought I would share my plans for a 3 screen arcade system. Why 3 screens you ask? Well I want to use a stretch display for my marquee that changes based on the game being played. Additionally I want to have a small "helper" display that displays the actions of the buttons / controls when available. For the additional displays I am writing software that watches for the hyperlauch process and intercepts the game being played. From there it looks up the image for the marquee as well as the images / data for the controls.

I will use one of these displays for the marquee. I think the 32 in. Not sure.

speciallcd_zps5ea571c9.jpg

SpecialSizedisplay_zps16dff70f.jpg

Here is the monitor I will use for the "helper" display. Will mount this under the main display. I won't be using the tankstik. Just using that to help during setup and coding.

0FD4D140-9B24-40DC-9436-79153E53C1B4-13706-000006F13096D0DB_zps03db87e3.jpg

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1781468&CatId=164

I havent decided yet on the main display or style. Learning toward a style similar to BBB's MK cabinet.

As for the software I am writing, I'm aware that there are some packages that do similar things. I haven't been thrilled with any of them and most (all?) seem like they have not been updated in a long time. Plus it is just fun to roll my own.

I will share more as I make progress. Primarily work on software right now.

Made great progress tonight and was able to workaround a "bug" in the current version of Hyperspin (or HyperLaunch??). I can now reliably get the windows all to stay in (or move back to) their correct places going in and out of all the different emulators. The only hitch is that sometimes, depending on the emulator, there is 1-2 seconds of screen craziness. Not as clean as I would like but probably the best that can be done while having to try to do this from outside hyperspin and the emulators themselves. Making good progress. Had a couple people offer to test. Might have something for you at the end of the month. The only thing I don't really like is that some of these operations require the program be ran as an administrator. Wish I didn't have that going on as I know, with good reason, that can make people feel uncomfortable.

That 26" is a real good size for regular cabs, what are the specs on it, resolution wise, if you got the hookup, maybe you can be a go between for people wanting to purchase monitors, I think the one I have currently is just a little to big and a little to bulky. Also are they LED?

For the 21" it is 1920X388 (16:3.2). It is LED. Not sure on the 26". Looks like it is 16:4.2 so whatever that math works out to be (my brain is too fried to calculate it at the moment). I will see what I can find out. My contact hasn't responded today to my questions but it is Chinese New Year so I may not hear back for a few more days.

I know this project will be a success, just based on the Axe Fx II.

:)

This man knows great front ends and great guitar tone.

Here, here. I was wondering if this was the same orbital from another axe fx II user to another.

On an unrelated note the guitarist for Sister Hazel came out to see my band last weekend and loved the tones. I'm trying to get him hooked up with Matt or Cliff but neither have not heard back from either of them yet. Sorry to derail the thread as your software looks great. I would love it if there was an option to have the controls show up on the main arcade monitor screen for those of us without a third monitor or could those controls also appear on the marquee display?

• 8 months later...

Hey or8ital, I am considering a similar ultra wide aspect lcd screen for a cabinet I am building as well. I hadn't noticed this model yet and I am wondering how things went with this project. Do you have the screen now? How does it look? How much was it? etc...any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

BG.

Archived