The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

my attempt at hyperspin

Boomslangnz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone else given this a go yet? Thought I might of seen a few awesome cabs doing this by now!

Ill update this post soonish with a couple pretty cool additions to same cabinet

More Systems, More Games, More Relays, Less Money in my bank!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks alot too guys, I was a little scared to show it off thinking most would think its crap, but seems quite opposite infact.

I'll repost what I posted elsewhere a month or so ago, might explain it slightly better

If anyone needs help just ask away, I'm happy to share.

*this is for Xbox 360*

-For my video switching I went a cheap route but it works perfectly, a simple 4 port HDMI switch. It will automatically change input upon xbox turning on and will switch back to pc once xbox is turned off

-sound is from headphone point on back of tv so just plays whatever is on screen

-controls is the tricky point, I went for madcatz fight pads and ripped out pcbs for the fact that I can then be using left stick, d pad or the right stick (it will be an analog signal but still works fine), I have 3 way toggle switch for each player (4 player cab) to choose left stick, d pad or right stick usage (important as alot of games only work with left stick etc), its important not to have usb plugged into pc and xbox at once or you can fry the boards with double voltage etc, to get around this I installed 4 port NO NC 12v dc relays (i think americans call these dpdt relays or something), I opened my xbox console and joined into the power cable for dvd player to get 12v dc which went onto coil side of relay to switch from pc to xbox and back (kinda helps a little that im a electrician but this should be easy to do for most), need 1 relay per player.

-then I made batch files which ftp into xbox and load up specified game

-I also got a IR remote kit and IR Blaster, stuck ir blaster onto xbox and using a program called eventghost I made it so when command prompt loads (to run batch file), it sends remote codes through blaster onto xbox, thus turning the console on.

so simply put, Choose game through hyperspin, blaster turns on xbox, which changes input on hdmi switch, relay kicks in changes controls to xbox,sound comes on via tv headphone point, batch file is still open (closes by itself eventually) and its trying to connect to xbox, eventually will connect once xbox is far enough through starting up and ftp loads up game....then your all set.

pretty much automatic loading etc

I just ordered my IR blaster and was wondering if you'd like to share your batch file to load games from FTP, as well as your event ghost macro. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived