Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Can't get 32X to launch

Failrunner

I pointed the ini to my rom directory. I made sure the roms were zip files as it says in the ini. However i'm not sure if it's an issue with the rom file i'm using? In hyperspin it says Virtua racing deluxe(Usa) that's not the exact rom i have and it doesn't seem to exist. Does it have to be that exact name? Everything else launches fine. I got game gear, Sega Genesis, and Nes working so far. Just not 32X.

well if I asked you to go find something and gave you a different name than what it was would that work for you.

Thanks for your sarcasm. I don't know how the app works and what it looks for thank you. I'm sorry if i'm not the genius of Hyperspin and I'm also not an app developer. Don't let that platinum elite tag get to your head. Also i can't give the app something that doesn't exist.

The rom you mentioned exists, no doubt about it.And yes, your games must have the exact same names as what the database is pointing to. 

<game name="rom name"

Thanks very much. I guess I just have to look harder than. Thank you very much.

It's perhaps because of your XML file in Database Folder. How do you have make it? You have to edit it to change the name of your rom.

For exemple:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<menu>
<game name="The EXACT name of your rom" index="" image="">
    <description>The name you want in your wheel</description>
    <cloneof></cloneof>
    <crc></crc>
    <manufacturer></manufacturer>
    <year></year>
    <genre></genre>
</game>

I thought Jeremy's analogy worked quite well. Your boss tells you to go get some Glas Nials from the stores and you're going to come back empty handed. Same thing with HyperSpin, which is I suppose a logic based program?  

I thought Jeremy's analogy worked quite well. Your boss tells you to go get some Glas Nials from the stores and you're going to come back empty handed. Same thing with HyperSpin, which is I suppose a logic based program?  

Some apps read data embedded into the rom. There's no logic in a program that takes hrs to set up. If it was based on logic and not editing xml files i would already be set. ;)

Thanks very much. I guess I just have to look harder than. Thank you very much.

It's perhaps because of your XML file in Database Folder. How do you have make it? You have to edit it to change the name of your rom.

For exemple:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<menu>

<game name="The EXACT name of your rom" index="" image="">

<description>The name you want in your wheel</description>

<cloneof></cloneof>

<crc></crc>

<manufacturer></manufacturer>

<year></year>

<genre></genre>

</game>

Thanks! That's better than what I was looking for! =)

Archived