Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Recroommasters Xtension Pedestal Cab

djreddog

I'm looking for honest feedback regarding the Recroommasters Xtension Pedestal cabinet. I built my first cabinet back in 99/00 during the course of 6-8 months. It was a side project where I did a little bit at a time when I had free time. My original front end was ArcadeOS running on a Pentium II CPU with an actual arcade monitor. I fried the monitor New Years Eve night and have since installed a 20 inch 4:3 LCD. I still have that cabinet in all its glory with a beefier CPU and Hyperspin (as of last year).  Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this wonderful project.

Anyways, I want to add a second cabinet to our arcade collection in our basement and I really have zero free time to build another cabinet even though I would love to go that route. I've done a little bit of research on the Recroomasters Cabs and they seem pretty decent, especially for my current needs. I want something as plug and play as possible due to my time contraints. Does anyone on here own one?  Do you know someone who owns one? I'm looking for real world feedback on this cabinet. If there are alternatives, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

PS - When I get home I will post pictures of my original MAME cabinet.

I have a Premium XL Xtension Arcade Cabinet which is basically the same cab with a top on it whereas the pedestal cab has a short extension riser for a large monitor.

I love my cab. It is solid and I ordered it with custom graphics which came out perfect. The customer support is very responsive as well if you need them.

I have a Premium XL Xtension Arcade Cabinet which is basically the same cab with a top on it whereas the pedestal cab has a short extension riser for a large monitor.

I love my cab. It is solid and I ordered it with custom graphics which came out perfect. The customer support is very responsive as well if you need them.

Dragon - Thanks for the feedback. Is there anything about the cab you don't like?  Anything that you wish was different? Are you planning on making any modifications to this cab?

The only thing I wish were different is the plexi that comes with the cab that covers the tv/monitor. It is a little flimsy and has a tendency to flex a little during game play. I think they could solve this problem by adding more backing blocks around the back edges. This is a mod I intend doing myself when I get time. Other than that, I really can't think of anything else I would change. I have added a couple of light guns to my setup, so that means I had to mount a couple of holsters to the cab. Again, just pick a spot, mount using your method of choice and away you go. Since the holsters I bought had wide velcro strips already sewn on the back, I used the wide professional velcro strips on the cab to match. It really holds the holsters well.

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Archived