Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Blast from the past HL question

Yardley

Hey guys, I'm running the latest HS and RocketLauncher on my main machine but still have HL 2.25c running on my older machine and want to keep it that way (for nostalgic reasons).

I recently acquired a new 7 zipped rom set for Dreamcast and noticed that it doesn't work with HL 2.25c unless I uncompress the game first. So my question is do I have a module that doesn't support 7z or was there never one? 

7z support is not part of any module,  its a feature introduced with the release of Hyperlaunch3

My PS1 roms are all 7z and work perfectly fine, the module has code in it for 7z support so do global settings and each systems settings ini. It was definitely supported in HL 2.25c. 

Some of the fancier stuff like cd switching and 7z support didn't make it to all the modules in HyperLaunch2. In other words you will have to add it to the module code, yourself. I suggest taking a looking at the ps1 module that you know works and apply the same of the same 7z code to the dreamcast module and hope it works. If it doesn't work you will need to read up on 7z documentation and autohotkey documentation to write a custom solution for that system. If all this is too much work then you should (1)uncompress the files and buy another harddrive or (2) update to something like rocketlauncher that has active development or (3) forget about setting up dreamcast.

Archived