Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Glue?

zeenon

I'm just curious what glue everyone is using when building a cab?

For my MAME cab I used dry wall screws and Locktites Power Grab. I now have a biscuit joiner so I was thinking of using biscuits and Gorilla WOOD Glue. I think the original GG was the kind that expands and since then they have come out with a "WOOD" glue version. I do know that for the biscuit method a water based wood glue works best. (Water based glue makes the biscuits expand). Thoughts?

Z

No glue and a Kreg Jig. Awesome, super sturdy joins, no screw marks on outside of cab. http://www.kregtool.com/pocket-hole-jigs-prodlist.html

These work really well, a friend came over the other night to show this to me. would make things a lot simpler/less stressful for assembly. Just realize you'll have a ton of holes to fill on the "inside" of your cab if you go this route. I think they have special plugs to fill the holes as well, but I couldn't just leave the holes all over the inside of my cab, would drive me crazy! (although no one would see them, but I would still know they are there!)

Archived