Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Metalliball-46/32/dmd

kizam33

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like X-mas came early. A nice Force Feedback package from Zeb!!!

1-ATX Breakout board

1-32 port SMTP Booster Board

1-350ma Resister Board

1-LED connector cable

24" Lightbar with resister board

Shaker/gear motor combo with Speed control board.

5- LEDS

Digital Plunger kit

2-Strobe panels.

f7eecfd0d2ad90d45b9bebf54f4347ae.jpg

Now time to figure out where to put it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know the correct distance for the Replay Knocker? I can't find the room in my backbox so I'll just put it in the front of the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is set at 75% of full travel distance.. don't know if it's right or not..:eek:

Sent from my HTC One_M8

• 2 months later...

I had no idea I needed some soldering skills to make these two go together. A couple youtube soldering videos and a few hours, i was pretty impressed with myself.

IMG_1761_zpsrc3exlau.jpg

IMG_1762_zps7gtcy7nz.jpg

IMG_1767_zpsqfy7pj4n.jpg

IMG_1768_zpsxmtnvdbi.jpg

Some of the domes don't look perfect in the pic but I fixed them after I saw the pic.

Ok, this is where the fun started. All ports on the SMT board worked and the lights lit up so that means my soldering was good enough. It was a great feeling seeing the lights and hearing all the force feed back sounds (Contactors, shaker/gear motors) Then the replay knocker was next to be installed. The contractors are 24v and the knocker is 50v I think. The ATX board is awesome, it has ports for 3v, 5v, 12v, 24v, and 32v. I wanted to power the knocker with the 32v port. I read some where 24v worked too but I wanted as much power as i could get. I bought the Williams replay knocker 26-1200 along time ago but Zeb said the 23-800 works best with his boards so I bought that one too. The knocker has two wires a black and a red wire. It doesn't matter which one goes to the atx board to power it (which would be the positive) as long as the diode is installed right on it. There is a little stripe on the diodes. This end goes to the positive side. It acts like a check valve for electricity. Well....... my dumb ass didn't put one on the knocker and boom!! The lights went out and a smell of burnt wire in the air. The knocker was too hot to touch.

This is what it looks like when you're doing it right.

IMG_1833_zps0yhf7tqa.jpg

This is when you don't put a diode on a coil.

IMG_1834_zpslpqj3yyr.jpg

IMG_1835_zpscqd2u4ew.jpg

IMG_1836_zpsr017vbw7.jpg

Lucky for me, Zeb protects his boards. For the ATX board, it was just a fuse. Not so lucky with the SMT board port.

IMG_1844_zpsxclgrpua.jpg

IMG_1838_zpssz7aauli.jpg

Ok, So I put the diode on the same knocker and tested it again. Wow, I never thought I would hear the sound of bacon cooking with a circuit board. Lol. Oh and that magic white smoke I have heard about, yeah instantly appeared. That told me the knocker was fried. I don't have a pic of both ports fried but it looks like the first pic but now two ports off line now.

Yeah, so I couldn't send the boards back for repair until I figured out my knocker issue. I went back to the 26-1200 knocker and put the diode on that and bam!!! The sweet loud bang of the replay knocker echoed the house. Like everyone else said before, "it scared the crap out of me."

I have been so depressed lately [emoji20][emoji20] not even looking at forums or anything.

because I sent back my boards back to Canada to get it repaired by Zeb and he has not received the package. 02/12/15 my wife sent it through the post office, paid cash and lost the receipt . So I have been working on little things here and there on the pin just waiting and hoping my boards show up but it's not looking good. It's the heart of the beast. My 46" has been out of the cab ever since and even my cab looks depressed like , "hey, why aren't you playing with me??" It's so frustrating and just one of those things that you can't believe happened. I think I have to just man up and move on by buying the boards I lost so myself and others can enjoy the machine instead of it being a giant paper weight. [emoji24][emoji24]

• 2 weeks later...
Cool build dude. Keep up the good work!!

Sad that this place once was a paradise in cab builds, now is almost a dead zone :( (talking about how old the threads and post in HyperPin are) ... I think almost everyone moved to PinballX ... don't know why... lol

probably because Hyperpin is a 2yr old product that has had no updates, whereas Pinballx is actively being worked on and updated.

I would think about changing, but haven't got the time at the moment..

Archived