Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

2 player cab

mange181

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool art. I like it.

I have 6 buttons right now and have found that it isn't enough so I need to completely rebuild my entire CP to upgrade to 8. So I'd definitely say keep it 8 buttons, but the button angle looks to sharp to be comfortable to me. Check out this link for many button layout templates to see if one fits you better:

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html

Yes you only need 1 "coin" button, I use an iPac so when I hold my shift button (P1), my coin button is also the ESC key. If you do pinball buttons remember that you need 2 on each side for many tables, not just 1. Then I also have 1P and 2P (also shifted TAB key) buttons. Overall I've found this isn't quite enough so when I rebuild the CP I'll be adding several more admin buttons. Dedicated volume up/down buttons, dedicated Enter, dedicated back, dedicated ESC, I'll move my Coin button to the actual coin slot on a coin door. Probably a few others as well.

You said you're not using an iPac, but some other similar thing though? How many buttons can your encoder support and can it do shifted keys? If not you might have some issues having enough buttons.

Ill keep the 8 then, skip the pinball idea. I got 10 button for each player. 12 is possible. I got 6 extra non lit buttons that i were going to use for turbo etc. Built in function of the control pcb I. But ill use them most likely for real functions like esc n.. i need to think this through a while :) thanks for the link. Ill need that. I was thinking about having it more open. The placement. But my machine i only 61cm wide. Hm.. well you link will help me figure that out.

Skickat från min SM-G928F via Tapatalk

Ill keep the 8 then, skip the pinball idea.

Pinball buttons could simply be doubled up from 4 of your normal 8 on the control panel so they're not using up any of your 10-12 inputs per player.

For example if you have an X and y buttons on the P1 side you could run additional wires to the pinball buttons so they also activate X & y.

Pinball buttons could simply be doubled up from 4 of your normal 8 on the control panel so they're not using up any of your 10-12 inputs per player.

For example if you have an X and y buttons on the P1 side you could run additional wires to the pinball buttons so they also activate X & y.

Thats super clever. Thanks for the tip!

I'm thinking of building a hyperpin machine after I'm done with this build. It feels to sad to not be building a arcade machine :)

So ill skip them on my current machine.

Skickat från min SM-G928F via Tapatalk

Yeah I thought about applying tint to plexi, it has too many imperfections even when applied perfectly to be used as a bezel.

Exactly my experience. Im actually not that picky but it wont look ok with plexi. Plexi looks great for panel cover. Ill keep that

What size did you print those slagcoin button templates? 

standard A4. make sure your printer setting have the same ppi that is typed on the design. In the end it is just a mater of control measuring the printed mm value with a ruler or something. if not right check printer settings.

Since I recommended the Slagcoin link to you, and you used it, I'm afraid you will have to pay me a royalty every time someone presses a button.

5 cents US per button press. Sorry, but rules are rules.

Standard forum rules.. i never read thoes.. damn!  :)

Archived