Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

The Super HyperSpin Entertainment System

Ashek

I updated the pictures a few days ago but forgot to mention anything. I finally got done with all the sanding/priming and got the first two layers of light grey paint applied. Hopefully the next week or so will see the addition of that black border for the control panel... we'll see about that when I'm done with Las Vegas Comic Con. Gunna go see me some Stan Lee. :D

Well this is just brilliant! I love it when people on this forum have crazy ideas then actually follow them through to completion. :) I wish I had the space to keep something like this, let alone the skills to make it.

Oh, and that's quite some collection of lava lamps you've got there!

• 3 weeks later...
Well this is just brilliant! I love it when people on this forum have crazy ideas then actually follow them through to completion. :) I wish I had the space to keep something like this, let alone the skills to make it.

Oh, and that's quite some collection of lava lamps you've got there!

Thankyou. Ever since I discovered pot, I've absolutely loved lava lamps. I haven't touched the stuff ever since I was busted for 'growing' it once upon a time... I lost around 1000 games in a bullshit paramilitary police raid. Had to restart my collection from scratch when I got out. The way I figure; sooner rather than later, it will be legal, and a game room full of lava lamps circling the shelves full of vintage games, not to mention a giant fucking SNES controller/arcade machine/light show in the middle will be a dream come true. I can't think of a better place to spend the rest of my days. :)

:canabis:

100% legal here in colorado.....but I stopped smoking when I moved here.....:facepalm:

I'm quite jealous.

Love it, subscribed.

On a side note I dont condone pot smoking... but then again pot heads dont decide to rob banks, burgle houses or clogup our hospitals on a friday or saturday night. :beerglass:

Drinking makes me physically sick. Pot just energizes and makes me super productive. As for being arrested; I was becoming politically active in marijuana law reform, trying to get a medical program started in Utah. Since prohibition prevents cops from having to do any real work, they decided to get a bogus search warrant for an IP address I didn't even have. Kicked in our door paramilitary SWAT style the day before Christmas Eve. I had less than $5 worth of weed locked away. It was barely enough to charge us on. So they took a half empty bag of potting soil I had used for some kitchen ferns; and charged us with two 2nd degree felonies for production of a controlled substance. According to Utah law, that automatically resulted in seizure of of any possessions we may have bought with all that dirty drug money... car, apartment, game collection, my alienware, etc... they got to sell it all at police auction. It even cost us custody of our little girl. I was in jail for almost a month before I even got to speak to a lawyer. And if you don't resolve all criminal charges in DCFS court by a certain time you permanently loose custody and they adopt out your child. The prosecutor made it very clear that if I didn't plead out to all charges, he'd drag thing out past my allotted time frame: "You might win the court case, but you'll never see your daughter again."

I plead out to 'attempted production of a controlled substance' and 'child endangerment'. Background checks are a bitch now since it sounds like I was setting up a meth lab in my kids crib. :(

Man, you have my sympathy. That's like a horror story of bureaucracy and government abuse of power. Sometimes in life, you have no other choice but to hire an expensive attorney. I'm not all that knowledgeable about that stuff, but you might be able to appeal that conviction.

And your setup has got to be the coolest one I've ever seen.

Man, I'm no 'the Man & the System are out to get ya' guy. But in this case, hot damn, politics & unjust laws... I'm glad our system doesn't work like that and no such harsh laws here, what's the point of em anyway. I feel for you man.

Man, I'm no 'the Man & the System are out to get ya' guy. But in this case, hot damn, politics & unjust laws... I'm glad our system doesn't work like that and no such harsh laws here, what's the point of em anyway. I feel for you man.

Thanks, you guy's are certainly on the right track. Here in the 'land of the free', we only guarantee it to the rich. Utah in particular is overwhelmed with corruption; the line between State Government and the Mormon Corporation becomes almost indistinguishable at time. When your facing a courtroom where the Judge refers to the DA as 'Bishop', and he literally pays the Public Defenders (who also go to church with him) out of his office, your representation becomes whatever the prosecution wants. Its essentially human trafficking. Unless you've got money for a real lawyer; all you can really do is suck it up, gather together whatever scraps of your life are left, and move out of state as soon as your probation allows for it.

Its all good though. Life goes on. Two states have full out legalized pot, Nevada won't be far behind, my game collection is even bigger than before, and we're finally stable enough where a giant SNES coffee table/arcade machine can be a reality. I guess it just proves that you can bounce back from anything. :D

That's crazy!

It's never been legal here actually, but they allow it. They give out coffeeshop permits, any one person can have 5 grams on hand and have 5 plants to grow for oneself. It's still officially illegal, but they just don't bother with as there's no point to it. Not that they're actively searching for ppl that have more, but they do hunt large scale illegal growing.

Here in Colorado it's legal to have up to an ounce on you and have 2 flowering plants in your home. Still can't get a job without a medical license. At the end of the year they will be passing a law that will allow you to buy from licensed shops without a medical permit.

Here in Colorado it's legal to have up to an ounce on you and have 2 flowering plants in your home. Still can't get a job without a medical license. At the end of the year they will be passing a law that will allow you to buy from licensed shops without a medical permit.

Yeah, my wife and I were following Colorado pretty close. I was worried your governor wouldn't sign the bill since he had expressed opposition to it. Here in Nevada we just pushed legislation that allows for our first medical dispensaries. We also had a bill for full legalization which failed in our Assembly. Rumor has it they'll be making another push in the next session. *fingers crossed*

Anyway, I got some more pictures. I'll probably update tomorrow sometime. Had a setback today when things didn't line up correctly for the border to go on; lost a whole days work. I even ended up damaging an important piece of MDF when I had to pry it away from globs of dried wood glue and epoxy. Since the border was an afterthought I had to eyeball the pieces of trim that went around. It was maybe a half centimeter off, despite having literally been traced off the second piece. Once the sides of the border were curved around, it would have resulted in a 2 inch gap. Its all back together now, and wiring for the RGB LEDs should be started pretty soon.

Archived