Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

JoyToKey [v5.8.0.360] issue saving config (.ini) file.

PixelBlitterBoy

Hey fellow arcadian's

My latest battle (previous postings), with xpadder has lead me down the path of it substitute [JoyToKey] which I have downloaded from the official site and registered.

I currently have my arcade drive setup on drive letter Z:

The JoyToKey application launches fine, but when I go to exit/quit the app if comes back with the error window:

Cannot create file "D:\Hyperspin\Utilities\JoyToKey_en\JoyToKey.ini" - The system cannot find the path specified.

Now as far as I am aware this is a portable application and doesn't have a designated drive?  Has anyone else had/has this issue?  Just I cannot get the app to stay registered with the purchased key....unless I create the requested directory structure on my D: drive....which seems stupid....or is that just me!?

Any insight would be most appreciated!

Cheers C.

Thanks for the reply guys,

However this error statement is completely independent to RL or HS.  I am simply just launching JoyToKey itself - primarily to register it with the key purchased and every time I do the above statement comes up and therefore won't create the '.ini' file - unless I create a directory structure on the D: drive as it instructs/states....very weird indeed!?

Thanks for the reply guys,

However this error statement is completely independent to RL or HS. I am simply just launching JoyToKey itself - primarily to register it with the key purchased and every time I do the above statement comes up and therefore won't create the '.ini' file - unless I create a directory structure on the D: drive as it instructs/states....very weird indeed!?

Delete all the files in the joytokey folder other than the exe. Or open the joytokey settings files in a text editor and correct the bad path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks tonesmalone,

I did as you suggested (deleting all files barring the .exe file), as well as re-downloaded and un-archive a fresh version. Just the same error.

Regarding the 'correct' path - there is a installation/exe path in the '.ini' file to correct or within the application setup/preferences to adjust...that is the completely bizarre thing!!

I'll contact the developer of JoyToKey and post back any updates...

Thanks again for the input!

Chris C.

[Resolved]

Emailed JTK to query, they responded quickly and assisted in directing me to the JTK (FAQ) part of the website.

However I did a quick search of my Registry...bcos the whole specific path request (i.e. 'D:\Hyperspin\Utilities\JoyToKey_en\JoyToKey.ini' ), was bugging me...and a minute of searching it came back with a random HKey path with the mentioned path setup in the registry...which is most bizarre since I've never set JTK up before let alone the specific path to the D: drive!!!

So I removed this registry entry and it works perfectly setup on my Z: drive!

Many thanks for the assist guy.

Chris. :thumbsup:

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 14/12/2015 at 8:05 AM, ccorkin said:

[Resolved]

Emailed JTK to query, they responded quickly and assisted in directing me to the JTK (FAQ) part of the website.

However I did a quick search of my Registry...bcos the whole specific path request (i.e. 'D:\Hyperspin\Utilities\JoyToKey_en\JoyToKey.ini' ), was bugging me...and a minute of searching it came back with a random HKey path with the mentioned path setup in the registry...which is most bizarre since I've never set JTK up before let alone the specific path to the D: drive!!!

So I removed this registry entry and it works perfectly setup on my Z: drive!

Many thanks for the assist guy.

Chris. :thumbsup:

1.- open regedit 

2.- HKEY_CURRENT_USER

3.- SOFTWARE 

4.- JOYTOKEY

5.-RIGHT CLICK

6.- REMOVE (ERASE)

7.- DONE

bYE. 

Archived