Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Top 25 Game Lists

anakin257

I've been attempting to compile Top 25 Rom lists for each of the main systems. I know that "rankings" are subjective and are all over the place. What I'm really interested in is "should play games" and less about the order. Again I know this is subjective. I'm hoping to have an external list (like from IGN or Games Radar). Does anyone follow a site that has lists for most/all systems? I'm having trouble finding them. Also, does anyone know if the Hyperspin community ever compiled this or even has interest in it? I can't seem to find it (maybe that's a hint). Just thought it's a fun topic. 

I'm all about slimming down these lists as well. Mame's 9000+ is down right rediculous. But just 25 will be incredibly hard for a few systems. Depends on what systems you grew up playing. I could probably get NES down to 25 but SNES would be a lot harder as I played much more of it. And if you go as new as PS2, forget it! I would have a really hard time getting down to 100 nevermind 25.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Exists not lists like Bestsale or charts like music rankings of games ?
So we could used that to filter many games.
if we spent just 5sec for a game we need several months/years of playing time for all together ;-)

A poll or a chart ranking  for each system in php for the site would be cool but  who would spent more than 5 minutes for a voting.?
When we need 1000 votes nobody would use that too
or can we use the rl played times count for a ranking  global with online sync ;-) , but the databases often renamed .

Have someone a idea ?

greetings unkelo

Something similar has already been done. I think it was Relic who created a bunch of XML files with the best games for each system. I can't find the link right now but I'm sure if you search the forum you will find it.

Fount it: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/6667-my-best-of-game-list-xml/?hl=%2Bbest+%2Brelic#entry124321

i dont use them but i believe what you are refering to are these > http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/9751-my-best-of-listings/ so link's here for anyone that wants them :D

Edit: sorry didnt see you found the thread but still the link i shared may be of some help aswell :)

Archived