Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Question on control panel + console controllers

swimminginthoughts

After four of five years of use out of my arcade machine, it's time to upgrade.  I'm currently building a new PC and Hyperspin setup to put in the cabinet and have a question for people using console control panels.  Specifically, I would like to use an X-arcade Tankstick AND/OR two PS3 controllers, simultaneously.  I'd like to have the Tankstick be used by default, but if someone wants to use a PS3 controller, they can pick it up, turn it on, and start playing.  I can't wrap my head around how to do this and the attempts I've made have led to failure and frustration.  I've tried using JoyToKey, AntiMicro, and Xpadder but I think the biggest thing frustrating me is the Player 1 / Player 2 issue where sometimes a controller is read as P1 and sometimes P2.  I've read a lot of forum posts and can't find a clear answer on how to accomplish this or if it can even be done.  

So, anyone using a control panel and PS3 or Xbox controllers without much hassle or should I just give it up and move on?  I don't want there to be much fiddling (at gameplay) to get it to work but I'm fine putting in as much effort up front as long it works well at gameplay.

I'm currently having a similar problem. It doesn't know the difference between my PS3 and Xbox360 controllers and it seems to assign the port as 1 or 2 randomly. I set up the profiles for them all and it worked for a couple times, but now it's not assigning a profile at all. Not sure if this is an RLUI or Xpadder problem or what. I alt-tab to xpadder and it's just blank until I manually open the correct profile. I restarted it again and now no buttons are working at all (mednafen).

I don't know what I did trying to fix that but mednafen isn't finding my save and savestates now. It's putting mcr's in the main directory and I can't find an example of how to tell it what directories to use or what the default directories are. This is off topic but I'm just expressing my frustration with unreliability in general.

This stuff has been talked about in a few threads. Windows is the culprit here. It assigns joyID's almost randomly as they are plugged in... or you reboot your system. Look at the "preferred controllers" section in RL to get them to always connect in a certain order.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yep, I've been down the Preferred Conrollers road before and didn't have much luck with it.  I'll try some more.

Are people that are doing this (control panel + controller) still using a keymapper in between?

Also, would it be any easier to use Xbox controllers?  From what I've read, it sounds like Xbox controllers might be easier to deal with, although my PS3 controllers are working fine as "Xbox" controllers in Windows.

Archived