Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How do I remove games from HyperSpin?

DoomMaster

That did not work either.  I did as you suggested. Both systems were stock settings, so only needed to change video directory, as I recall. Renamed the file and dropped it in and... nothing.  Still the same: I can bring up the NES system, but no game titles are displayed. I tried downloading a fresh zip of Hyperspin and taking only the NES system .ini from that and placing it in the current folder, and that didn't work either.

I think I have further info: I went into RL, I try to launch an NES game from there. I notice that the rom list is no longer showing.  So I try to do a NES system audit to repopulate.  I get the message "Error parsing database file, make sure the XML is well-formed. Root element missing" Okay...never had this problem.  And not sure if this is at all related, but the 61 systems that were setup have no gone down to 31.  As in, only 31 systems show up in the left hand list BUT at the bottom it actually still says "61 Systems found".  For instance, none of the Atari systems are there any more.  What?!?

On the brightside: I set up an exception in Windows Defender for HyperHQ, and now HQ comes up.  Weird I had no problem launching it until now, but whatever.  I'm glad that solved itself!

Sorry Avar.  Any other suggestions? Thank you again.

Hi Avar,

Thank you for your help.  I decided to uninstall HS, and reinstall GigaPig's setup from scratch again.  I have no idea why the NES game titles disappeared off the wheel, and then half of the systems, but it's all back now. I still am working on getting the bugs out, picking up where I left off, but that's for a different thread.  Thank you for your help.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Can I jump in here please as I seem to have a similar problem.

I only have 15 Mame Roms. However Hyperspin just displays loads of games that I don't have. I just want it to display the games within my Roms folder. 

I'm running Hyperspin 1.5.1 & under Wheel Settings - Mame - Emulator I cannot see any display Roms only checkbox? Been googling this for a day or so now & can't find anyway to get rid of the other games. Appreciate any helps.

Capture.JPG

Archived