DoomMaster

How do I remove games from HyperSpin?

I'm having this same problem to it seems.  It started after I went looking in HQ to see how to slim down one of my  wheels, in this case it was the NES wheel.  I selected the wheel, went to Navigation/Theme, and selected "Roms Only".  Immediately upon doing so, when I went into HyperSpin, the NES wheel was completely gone.  I could select the system, but no wheel would come up at all. Clicking up or down at that point would just take me to the next system.

Following the advice on this thread, I made sure that the rom path was set in HQ, just as it is in RL.  I also copied all the rom extensions into HQ from RetroArch, which I'm using Nestopia core for NES.  I copied all the RetroArch extensions (ue|iso|7z|zip|rar|sfc|gba|gb|a78|sv|gbc|.... and so on, including nes). I also selected so that it would search subfolders.

But still, no wheel/games are shown for NES.  And the weird part is, it seems that I can completely undo all the selections, path and extension identification discussed, so that it's as if I never even touched the settings at all, and the wheel still wont come back.

Any light you can shed on this? HyperSpin is killing me... I've spent at least 60 hours so far working on this.  This is my first foray into emulation. I have a cabinet being delivered the middle of this month for my house, and I really wanted to get the system ready for it. I naively thought that in 2017, gaming would be easier!

Thank you for your thoughts.

Extensions in HyperHQ have to be separated by a comma, not a |, as per the notes. Set the absolute path instead of the relative path as well and run HyperSpin as administrator.

Everything is getting much easier in the near future.

Hi Avar,

Thanks for your guidance.  I've done as you recommended, and there was no change.  The wheel still showed no games.  I undid everything in the wheel options, so ' as if I never touched anything there, and the roms still don't list.  To see if it affected any other system than NES, I ticked the roms only box in the SEGA Genesis box, but didn't indicate a path, and as expected, no roms appeared in the wheel.  When I untickd the box to undue it in SEGA, the rom names returned.  Why wouldn't the NES wheel behave this way? I can "fix" SEGA, but NES stays stuck with no roms in the wheel.

Worse yet, after several times of ticking and unticking the roms only box in HQ wheel setting and going into HS to see if the changes are working, now HQ won't even launch.  So I check and uncheck run as admin, and nope, HQ still won't launch. It won't even launch prom teh command prompt. WTF?

This is my second install of HS.  I used GigaPig's complete setup the second time after paying for Platinum.  But now I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and try another front end.  Reinstalling HS, and getting it configured back to this point... ugh.

Any further advice Avar? Thanks for your help.

I can try to help you identify and fix the problem but it's probably something random but simple and there's an easier/faster solution:

1. Go into \HyperSpin\Settings\
  2. Make a backup of your Nintendo Entertainment System.ini
  3. Make a copy of any working settings file and rename it to "Nintendo Entertainment Systems.ini"
  4. Verify working and copy any of the NES specific HyperHQ settings you had from the backup ini you made into the working one.

Prolly have multiple instances of HyperHQ trying to run in your Task Manager. Kill em all and it'll be fine again.

That did not work either.  I did as you suggested. Both systems were stock settings, so only needed to change video directory, as I recall. Renamed the file and dropped it in and... nothing.  Still the same: I can bring up the NES system, but no game titles are displayed. I tried downloading a fresh zip of Hyperspin and taking only the NES system .ini from that and placing it in the current folder, and that didn't work either.

I think I have further info: I went into RL, I try to launch an NES game from there. I notice that the rom list is no longer showing.  So I try to do a NES system audit to repopulate.  I get the message "Error parsing database file, make sure the XML is well-formed. Root element missing" Okay...never had this problem.  And not sure if this is at all related, but the 61 systems that were setup have no gone down to 31.  As in, only 31 systems show up in the left hand list BUT at the bottom it actually still says "61 Systems found".  For instance, none of the Atari systems are there any more.  What?!?

On the brightside: I set up an exception in Windows Defender for HyperHQ, and now HQ comes up.  Weird I had no problem launching it until now, but whatever.  I'm glad that solved itself!

Sorry Avar.  Any other suggestions? Thank you again.

At this point I'd start being concerned about HDD failure/corruption. Try downloading the latest NES database and see if that fixes it.

Don't sweat it I'm happy to help! :D

Hi Avar,

Thank you for your help.  I decided to uninstall HS, and reinstall GigaPig's setup from scratch again.  I have no idea why the NES game titles disappeared off the wheel, and then half of the systems, but it's all back now. I still am working on getting the bugs out, picking up where I left off, but that's for a different thread.  Thank you for your help.

I had this problem as well but solved it when under HQ I put for file extension "zip" without quotes as I am using MAME Roms that end in zip.  I did not use a "."   Of course I also put the actual path to my ROMS which was/is D:\HyperSpin\Emulators\MAME\ROMS\