Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How do I remove games from HyperSpin?

DoomMaster

About 90% of all MAME (CoinOp) games suck.  How do I remove the games from the HyperSpin games list?  I only want the 5-star games to show up in the list.  I have the roms in the MAME\roms folder and the videos in the MAME\videos folder.  Everything works fine, except I have to scroll thru a bunch of crappy games in the HyperSpin list to get to the actual good games.  I am building 2 MAME arcade cabinets.  One will be for vertical games (mainly shoot'em ups), and the other will be for horizontal games.  So, each MAME arcade will have its own HyperSpin setup.

Yeah they don't make it too simple to hide the games you don't want. What I usually do is find the game or games I don't want and either delete them all together or put them in a different folder. Then I go to hyper HQ and select roms only. You have to set up your rom path and rom extension in hyperHQ for it to work.

Yeah they don't make it too simple to hide the games you don't want. What I usually do is find the game or games I don't want and either delete them all together or put them in a different folder. Then I go to hyper HQ and select roms only. You have to set up your rom path and rom extension in hyperHQ for it to work.

this is a very bad idea for MAME.

if you have a split rom set,  witch you should.   

if you delete the parent rom,  the clone will not work.

for example,  

Pacman US  is a clone of the Japanese version of Puckman.

Pacman US needs the roms found in the Pucman zip file in order to work.

for MAME a better option would be to use the filter by Themes,  as most popular games have themes.

If you move or delete the wheel art in the hyperspin media folder of whatever game you don't want and choose wheels only in hyper HQ for mame that should show only the games you want to keep or at least the ones worth playing.

Yeah, this is a good way to go IMO.

• 1 year later...

A little late to the party on this one, but there is an easier solution than having 50 versions as well.  If you move all roms, parent and clone, that you do not want runnng in HyperSpin to a new folder, just have MAME look in that folder as well and problem solved.  Hyperspin will only look in the directory you've assigned it to, and MAME will see all parent ROMS so no loss.  It is a bit of work, but makes things much smoother than still having to sift through 15 different versions of the same title.

• 1 month later...

hello all, sorry to bump this conversation up but I'm new to hyperspin and when I click the roms only box the system no longer takes me into the games on my hyperspin front end. If I click enter on the NES nothing happens. If I uncheck the box it will allow me back into the games. Weird little glitch. Any ideas, or what other info would you need from me to figure out what the deal is? Everything does work prior to my checking the roms only box.  Seems silly to have to scroll through 700 games when you only have 30 or so you would actually play.

8 minutes ago, hulk7999 said:

hello all, sorry to bump this conversation up but I'm new to hyperspin and when I click the roms only box the system no longer takes me into the games on my hyperspin front end. If I click enter on the NES nothing happens. If I uncheck the box it will allow me back into the games. Weird little glitch. Any ideas, or what other info would you need from me to figure out what the deal is? Everything does work prior to my checking the roms only box.  Seems silly to have to scroll through 700 games when you only have 30 or so you would actually play.

Sounds like you didn't add your Rom paths like you need to. So it doesn't have any way to know what roms you have and kicks you out.

Thanks for the quick reply....

that's the thing, I have the rom paths set up, if I uncheck the box it takes me to the roms and if I check it I get booted back to the main wheel. Is there a specific way I should be setting up my rom path? right now I have one folder with each system and the roms in each one of those folders, I linked the path in rocketlauncher under the determined system to that path.

2 minutes ago, Metalzoic said:

Sounds like you didn't add your Rom paths like you need to. Without that how can it know what roms you have? So it kicks you out.

Thanks for the quick reply....

that's the thing, I have the rom paths set up, if I uncheck the box it takes me to the roms and if I check it I get booted back to the main wheel. Is there a specific way I should be setting up my rom path? right now I have one folder with each system and the roms in each one of those folders, I linked the path in rocketlauncher under the determined system to that path.

5 minutes ago, Metalzoic said:
Just now, Metalzoic said:

You have your path setup in both HyperHQ and RocketLauncher?

Sounds like you didn't add your Rom paths like you need to. Without that how can it know what roms you have? So it kicks you out

let me check...ahhhhh, Thank you!!! It was in hyperHQ I never set them up.

2 minutes ago, agent47 said:

That's a known issue on Win10. You can try running it as admin or just edit the ini files manually to enter the path.

Thank you, I did a search after I replied with my issue. I am editing the ini files as we speak...hopefully this solves it. This really is a great support forum, you guys are quick and on it! Glad to finally be part of it.

Now HyperHQ keeps crashing when I try and set the ROM Path. I was able to get PS2 put in, but I am trying to fix the others and it just crashes when I click on the folder icon next to Rom Path.

I never added rompaths from HyperHQ. I always do everythinh through RocketLauncher without any problem.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

I would like to hook up to the topic, if after selecting the roms only filter etc do not see me playing any of the wheels or see only 5-7 games  but i have 200 for now, i got darabase etc (Using the roms only filter requires the rom path and extensions to be set in order to find your roms) Was set well  but always this same problem ??

• 2 months later...

I'm having this same problem to it seems.  It started after I went looking in HQ to see how to slim down one of my  wheels, in this case it was the NES wheel.  I selected the wheel, went to Navigation/Theme, and selected "Roms Only".  Immediately upon doing so, when I went into HyperSpin, the NES wheel was completely gone.  I could select the system, but no wheel would come up at all. Clicking up or down at that point would just take me to the next system.

Following the advice on this thread, I made sure that the rom path was set in HQ, just as it is in RL.  I also copied all the rom extensions into HQ from RetroArch, which I'm using Nestopia core for NES.  I copied all the RetroArch extensions (ue|iso|7z|zip|rar|sfc|gba|gb|a78|sv|gbc|.... and so on, including nes). I also selected so that it would search subfolders.

But still, no wheel/games are shown for NES.  And the weird part is, it seems that I can completely undo all the selections, path and extension identification discussed, so that it's as if I never even touched the settings at all, and the wheel still wont come back.

Any light you can shed on this? HyperSpin is killing me... I've spent at least 60 hours so far working on this.  This is my first foray into emulation. I have a cabinet being delivered the middle of this month for my house, and I really wanted to get the system ready for it. I naively thought that in 2017, gaming would be easier!

Thank you for your thoughts.

Extensions in HyperHQ have to be separated by a comma, not a |, as per the notes. Set the absolute path instead of the relative path as well and run HyperSpin as administrator.

Everything is getting much easier in the near future.

Hi Avar,

Thanks for your guidance.  I've done as you recommended, and there was no change.  The wheel still showed no games.  I undid everything in the wheel options, so ' as if I never touched anything there, and the roms still don't list.  To see if it affected any other system than NES, I ticked the roms only box in the SEGA Genesis box, but didn't indicate a path, and as expected, no roms appeared in the wheel.  When I untickd the box to undue it in SEGA, the rom names returned.  Why wouldn't the NES wheel behave this way? I can "fix" SEGA, but NES stays stuck with no roms in the wheel.

Worse yet, after several times of ticking and unticking the roms only box in HQ wheel setting and going into HS to see if the changes are working, now HQ won't even launch.  So I check and uncheck run as admin, and nope, HQ still won't launch. It won't even launch prom teh command prompt. WTF?

This is my second install of HS.  I used GigaPig's complete setup the second time after paying for Platinum.  But now I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and try another front end.  Reinstalling HS, and getting it configured back to this point... ugh.

Any further advice Avar? Thanks for your help.

I can try to help you identify and fix the problem but it's probably something random but simple and there's an easier/faster solution:

1. Go into \HyperSpin\Settings\
  2. Make a backup of your Nintendo Entertainment System.ini
  3. Make a copy of any working settings file and rename it to "Nintendo Entertainment Systems.ini"
  4. Verify working and copy any of the NES specific HyperHQ settings you had from the backup ini you made into the working one.

Prolly have multiple instances of HyperHQ trying to run in your Task Manager. Kill em all and it'll be fine again.

Archived