Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How did you choose your artwork? (and help with mine!)

vaderag

Well... thanks for the suggestion!

I'm still not 100% certain, but i like where it's going...

Here is a marquee proof of concept... interested to hear people's thoughts! Annoyingly, nothing is high quality enogh that I wouldnt need to start again, but nevertheless...

VgQxEPu.png

Also did with a starburst:

a02siAE.png

Based off Marvel vs Capcom

Marvel-vs-capcom%20marquee-1.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! Pretty cool. Very cool that you have the Space Invader in there.

If you do decid to go this route I'd say make sure you have the characters popping out of their panels a bit like the original MvC art.

I'd probably also flip Akuma and Green Bobble so they're looking the other direction.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the X. I'd almost say make it even more X'y like the SFxTekken X.

Lighting bolts on one side (bigger than what you have there maybe) and... Bubbles on the other man!

Make the button cutout of the Street Fighter side look like a fist instead of bubbles.

clenched-fist.jpg

More like this

7930609-Fist-Stock-Vector-fist-punch-fre

Ha - now you're testing me. ;) 

I actually had a similar idea early doors but I still want some unity in the design... i might have a play tho - if i can make something look like that but still work in the design that's a great idea!!

Again, i think having bubbles on one side  and lightning on the other might look a bit ununified... 

It's quite a tricky balancing act... having everything look like one but recognizing both themes!! It's definitely more Bubble Bobble right now!!

Here is an 'attempt' at a fist... don't think it's gonna work... Looks more like a pokeball lol

I think maybe, with a LOT of tweaking, adding a breaking through effect and maybe the back end of a arm you would get enough of an impression of the fist, but don't think it will really work with the rest of the layout or that my skills are up to it!!

0ltXS2Y.png

I need some help.

I need to find a super high res version of the bubbles from this (or similar): http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/15/30/ME0001153063_2.jpg

Plan is to use it as a background a la:

e1bclGI.png

This will be sitting on the left of the below if I can solve it...

The right hand side is modelled to fit with the theme based on the original SFII cab (as can be seen halfway down the page here: https://segamadebaddecisions.wordpress.com/2012/06/19/street-fighter-2-art-resources/)

lb5FsbY.png

Here ya go

G81znGT.png

(preview)

For more control over how many bubbles you need, select the Pattern layer > go to the Appearance panel > click on either Transform (one is for horizontal copies, the other vertical) > mark on Preview > change the number of copies

Pattern.zip

Awesome - thanks mate! Will def check that out

I actually came up with a different tactic yesterday which I was planning to post about today... I liked the original image (with the monsters in the bubbles) that I wanted to see if i could get that to work...

I took the screencap linked above and blew it up to 600dpi. It's of course full of artifacts.
I've then separated out just the bubbles, replicated a ton of times to create the backdrop.

At this point, i have run a 7px Gaussian Blur across the whole image - this removes the artifacts, but still leaves it looking like what it is... 
at 100% it looks blurry (see here: http://prntscr.com/agfela
but each bubble is actually only 1.5cm 
so i believe will actually look like this
wkpLuZo.png 
Which I'm happy with... (since it's just the background)

Is my logic sound?

Great - thanks!! I can use Photoshop, but I'm not an artist, so would truly struggle to recreate those images!!

So it now looks like below... still unsure about the P2 controls (i might just keep them whole) and I'm undecided what to do with the admin buttons and whether to leave the purple as is or try stick something else there...

Suggestions welcome!!

Rg8V6W2.png

Look great so far I would agree the purple colour seems a bit washed out so maybe play around with that section, I like the vivid colours used around the buttons and sticks so you could try a version of that instead of the purple, or if you wanted to keep it all duotone then try colorize to get the same level of colour over the background. Did you keep the original files for the bubbles as the contrast will be better if you used them.

Look great so far I would agree the purple colour seems a bit washed out so maybe play around with that section, I like the vivid colours used around the buttons and sticks so you could try a version of that instead of the purple, or if you wanted to keep it all duotone then try colorize to get the same level of colour over the background. Did you keep the original files for the bubbles as the contrast will be better if you used them.

Interestingly, the purple is much more vibrant on my screen as compared to the screengrab there... not sure what's going on with that... In fact, the whole thing is brighter on my screen that i'm using where as now i'm on my laptop it looks more washed out...

How can I ensure that the colors I see on screen will be what I end up printing?

Can you explain to me what you mean by colorize? I have all original files...

I agree with Rincewind. I'd say for the colors keep them as bright, primary-normal and krayolaeee as possible. Not slightly off-shades.

So this is what i'm saying above - it IS that. I'm not sure why the screencap above is different, and now i'm worried my printout might not look like i intend...

So this is what i'm saying above - it IS that. I'm not sure why the screencap above is different, and now i'm worried my printout might not look like i intend...

Check with whoever is doing the printing for you. If it's brad email him and ask. All I remember was 300+dpi, but I can't remember exactly what color needed to be for the blacks & color to come out correct.

Plus you can test print it yourself just from a home printer to get an idea. I had Kinkos do a test print of my marquee also, although I would never actually use something like that on an actual cab.

Different screens often show colours differently just make sure your using RGB and not CMYK. to colorize an image press "ctrl, alt and U" this brings up the Hue/Saturation tick the colorize and it duotones the image, play around with the sliders to get the look you want. Its a good way to make a background look like a background

Different screens often show colours differently just make sure your using RGB and not CMYK. to colorize an image press "ctrl, alt and U" this brings up the Hue/Saturation tick the colorize and it duotones the image, play around with the sliders to get the look you want. Its a good way to make a background look like a background

Dammit... I'm on CMYK... How big a problem is this? I see a colour change when I change it, but I want the colours I see when it's CMYK... Is there am easy fix?

Sent from mTalk

Archived