Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Atari 5200 with retroarch mame core !!!

Sting

create a system folder, inside that there should be a mame subfolder with hash list of systems supported by mame and then you create other subfolders with the name of the system as it appears in that list. Inside that, create a new subfolder with the same name and that is where the games should be - it is way confusing but this should do the trick. Something like this:

system/mame/hash

system/a5200/a5200/ roms, bios

I went in android/data/retroarch/ files/ it's empty

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

create a system folder, inside that there should be a mame subfolder with hash list of systems supported by mame and then you create other subfolders with the name of the system as it appears in that list. Inside that, create a new subfolder with the same name and that is where the games should be - it is way confusing but this should do the trick. Something like this:

system/mame/hash

system/a5200/a5200/ roms, bios

ok now I downloaded mame hash files. Then I copied over a5200 xml file to hash from rennzates upload. I went into retroarch system and created a mame file and put inside my hash folder. Then I created a5200/a5200 folders in the system folder. Inside the second a5200 folder I installed my roms and bios file. Went into retroarch and loaded mame core and loaded rom game content and it kicked back out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Figured it out Hyperspinners!!! In the settings .ini for the individual systems example (Atari 5200.ini) (GX4000.ini) Intellivision.ini) etc etc... On the rompath line don't put a forward slash (/) at the end of the line. Just got Intellivision and GX4000 running in the last five minutes :)

doesn't work for me!!!!

Help guys. I did it your way with a5200/a5200/roms,bios and it doesn't load in retroarch. I did it as per sting and it loads in retroarch but not in hyperspin. I did system/mame/roms/a5200. Hash folder in mame and bios and roms in 5200

You should have (system/mame/hash) (system/a5200 ***put your ROMs in here***) (system/a5200/a5200 ***put your bios in here***) :)

yes I got them both running just like that and I need a rom path in my ini folder

I got 5200 to run in hyperspin but when I do it went to ra menu and I had to reset bios. Now when I do it changes all my bios locations for ra games. How can I save this in mame? I also had to change my parameter to mame. It was mess in the tutorial

You should have (system/mame/hash) (system/a5200 ***put your ROMs in here***) (system/a5200/a5200 ***put your bios in here***) :)

You've got it in your mame folder, it should be in the system folder next to the mame folder :)

You've got it in your mame folder, it should be in the system folder next to the mame folder :)

is that why I have to keep resetting my bios in retroarch? I can get it to run thru hyperspin this way but I'll change it. Why is my intellivision saying attempting to load missing rom but it runs thru retroarch?

ok sting update. I set it up with system/mame with hash in mame and system/a5200 with roms in a5200 and system/a5200/a5200 with bios in second sub. Same with intellivision I have to keep setting bios path in ra directory to get it to run in hyperspin but when I run a game like sega cd it won't run because I have to set bios again. Why aren't the settings sticking? It a different core. The intellivision goes into a black screen and won't run but runs in retroarch. Don't know why it's set up the same

Figured it out Hyperspinners!!! In the settings .ini for the individual systems example (Atari 5200.ini) (GX4000.ini) Intellivision.ini) etc etc... On the rompath line don't put a forward slash (/) at the end of the line. Just got Intellivision and GX4000 running in the last five minutes :)

I'm trying entex adventure vision. Using advision for folder what should I mame these and xml. It goes to ra menu thru hyperspin

Archived