Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Working System on NVIDIA Shield - with settings.ini

Creezz67

Would it be possible to have a list of all systems that people have currently working through Hyperspin on the NVIDIA Shield (maybe with working date by the side) as well as settings for each system ?

This would really help out a lot of people and get more interest in this NVIDIA Shield version of Hyperspin.

I know there is already a topic regarding settings but I feel it could be a lot clearer as there is basically just a list of retroarch cores, but nothing to say what these cores can be used for in most instances ( eg, if one core can be used for multiple systems then maybe add it to the topic ?

Don't get me wrong, without that topic available I wouldn't have had a clue how to get started in the first place, so it's much appreciated.

The basic systems are straight forward like Atari 2600, Atari 7800 etc using retroarch, MAME using MAME4DROID, but systems like Microsoft MSX, Commodore 64, Nintendo DS and many others are not so easy, unless i am missing something.

I don't know exact layout , but just an idea, but an A-Z of systems with systems orking and what core to use would be ideal:

example as below,

basically the same but for every system and what each core can be used for, plus any other systems that work on Hyperspin and use other emulators.

Once you have a working setting the rest i usually straight forward.

AAE

exe=com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid
romextension        = zip
parameters=

Atari 2600
 exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

romextension=bin,a26
 parameters=cores/stella_libretro_android.so

Atari 7800

exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

romextension=zip,a78
 parameters=cores/stella_libretro_android.so

Having it all in one place, people can then go to this topic and see what settings or alternative settings for each system.

Also if there are specific builds of emulator such as nightly builds that work better on NVIDIA Shield for certain systems it would be good to know which ones, as there can be a lot to choose from, and unfortunately the latest ones are not always the best one to use.

Thanks

Yes i suppose it did come across a bit lazy on my part.

I was just sounding an idea out to see if anyone else thought it would be a good idea to make it idiot proof so basically anyone could see what each core was for.

Archived