Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Adding "Packs" to hyperspin (issues)

mrxtreme

ok so I found this page on Facebook.. it has users who create "packs" for hyperspin. These are random stuff that are pretty much like collections. 
i wanted to run this one called Run N Gun.. i can get hyperspin to see it but not run the games.. 

the site is not in english so a translator is needed but from what i read is that you pretty much just have to drag and drop the files into hyperspin and set up Rocket Launcher.. 

and thats where i suck lol 

I was never good at setting up the pclauncher .. 

now i might just the whole thing screwed up.. cuz they have hyperlaunch and i have rocket.. so idk  :wallbash:

if you wanna give it a try and figure it out i'll be super happy and ur best friend if you can help Me! lol 

not sure if this is against the rules in posting if it is im sorry and i'll delete this ASAP

but here is the fb page....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hyperspinfull/permalink/456336304563843/

any help much appreciated :teehee:  !! 

hey look, it's something on FaceBook! so no thanks

external packs! so called drag & drop... so no thanks

my suggestion: Tear it apart for it's assets and set it up properly

not into settings thing up etc? what are you doing over here? matter of fact, what are you doing in the emulator scene? ;)

I am in the same FB Group. I downloaded that pack I while ago but some games ran well and others didn't. So I just left it as it is and never came back to configure it again. It is in my hyperspin bucket list lol.

Also you can check (original) hyperspin arcade games. It is another good FB page for hyperspin collection, arts, etc.

Also, as you noticed they are in Portuguese, so even for me is not easy to pick up (I also speak spanish).

However I use rocketlaucher and I don't see any problems for me. I will have to check again maybe during this week or so and I can let you know.

ah! yea its all in portuguese i even started to ask questions in portuguese (using a translator) but not much help yet. yea any help is much appreicated! i lost my hdd in a fire so im starting fresh and its been a while so im kinda lost now lol 

I am in the same FB Group. I downloaded that pack I while ago but some games ran well and others didn't. So I just left it as it is and never came back to configure it again. It is in my hyperspin bucket list lol.

Also you can check (original) hyperspin arcade games. It is another good FB page for hyperspin collection, arts, etc.

Also, as you noticed they are in Portuguese, so even for me is not easy to pick up (I also speak spanish).

However I use rocketlaucher and I don't see any problems for me. I will have to check again maybe during this week or so and I can let you know.

ah! yea its all in portuguese i even started to ask questions in portuguese (using a translator) but not much help yet. yea any help is much appreicated! i lost my hdd in a fire so im starting fresh and its been a while so im kinda lost now lol 

wow, what a shame, hope the fire didn't make a big loss for you. 

I  think you will find some improvements to hyperspin now, I recommend going to rocketlauncher, however if hyperlaunch is working well for now, then why bother hehe.

I think you will have to learn how to use their slang to be noticed lol, other than that, you will get a lot, and when mean "a lot" , is a huge resource of media(art, videos) and even more. So have a look at their pages, and the other one I mentioned to you above.

thanks! not much was lost but it did start near the arcade stuff i had so the pc is gone ...so time to rebuild.. the hyperlaunch was easier to work but id like to get rocket to work since ive seen some improvements in various videos... just so much downloading again... 

i swear im tempted to find those guys who sell configured hdd just so i can get this back up lol 

wow, what a shame, hope the fire didn't make a big loss for you. 

I  think you will find some improvements to hyperspin now, I recommend going to rocketlauncher, however if hyperlaunch is working well for now, then why bother hehe.

I think you will have to learn how to use their slang to be noticed lol, other than that, you will get a lot, and when mean "a lot" , is a huge resource of media(art, videos) and even more. So have a look at their pages, and the other one I mentioned to you above.

thanks! not much was lost but it did start near the arcade stuff i had so the pc is gone ...so time to rebuild.. the hyperlaunch was easier to work but id like to get rocket to work since ive seen some improvements in various videos... just so much downloading again... 

i swear im tempted to find those guys who sell configured hdd just so i can get this back up lol 

I know, it takes time to build it. I started in August last year with 1 tb hdd, now I am getting almost 5 tb hdd of hyperspin. After downloading a lot and configuring.

So it is your call, mate. 

Why are you trying to set up a game using something you found on facebook? You could just look above where it shows tutorials and downloads.

Run N Gun is a Arcade game, you can run it using the MAME emulator. Unless they also released a PC version of the same game or another game with a similar title like this one? http://gaijinent.com/en/games/runngun

You don't drag and drop anything into HyperSpin it's a Emulator Frontend (all the emulation part of it can be done through RocketLauncher by setting up MAME), they just say to do stuff like that for people to pay them to image a preconfigured hard drive (which is illegal btw).

Here you go just follow this video posted by Simply Austin to set up HyperSpin with RocketLauncher.

If you are talking about the arcade game it's easy to find that rom online, its called "rungun". If it's another PC game you can just set that up using pclauncher just by pointing it to the .exe file.

Also if you are using Windows 10 I would just follow the video guide and stick with version 1.3 as some video delay problems seem to be caused using 1.4.

It sounds like the Run n' Gun he downloaded is a custom wheel/system full of run n' gun games, not a single game so it was probably all the media and the database for that.

Ah ok so he was just talking about the Run N Gun genre, my bad. Post fixed  :thumbsup:

Yeh Austin's vids do tend to run on for a while. :woot:

Never heard of Avar before, I think I will check it out then.

However, by continuing the topic.... in that fb page there a lot of collections that guys can get and media as well. Someone mentioned above that one has to pay for that, well, it is absolutely free!

My collection has being built up thanks to that.

The funny part is that I feel like leecher, because I can't speak portuguese, so I do nothing else to take everything they offer there lol

thanks for the help guys! the hyperspin community is the best ever i swear! so yus i just wanted to have a genre pack type wheel if that makes sense.. agent47 explained it better. 

I wish I could decipher it better Badboo... I got hyperspin to see the database videos etc.. but when i try to run it says cant find launcher.. the default emulator im using is the pclauncher and yea i just get lost at this point lol  :wallbash:

thanks for the help guys! the hyperspin community is the best ever i swear! so yus i just wanted to have a genre pack type wheel if that makes sense.. agent47 explained it better. 

I wish I could decipher it better Badboo... I got hyperspin to see the database videos etc.. but when i try to run it says cant find launcher.. the default emulator im using is the pclauncher and yea i just get lost at this point lol  :wallbash:

hmmm I think it is something to do with HyperHQ, maybe I can post a screenshot of my configuration, cause I don't remember now how it is. 

If you're using RL and PCLauncher the only setting in HyperHQ that matters is that the Execution is set to HyperLaunch. So it's probably an error with how you have PCLauncher configured in RLUI. If you're getting the Launcher error for other systems also (that don't use PCLauncher) I'm pretty sure there's a Launcher error that has to do with not having the Hyperlaunch_path set correctly in the HyperSpin/Settings/Settings.ini.

ah damn ok i'll give this a shot! thanks for the advice!

OH YES  a screenshot would so help! you can msg it to me if it makes it easier or post it here for others to use if they stuck in the same thing :D

BADBOO YOU ARE THE BEST!! :D

hyperhq_screen.jpg

As promised, this is my configuration, however a few games didn't run properly, not sure why.

As you can see there is not a big deal of configuration on hyperHQ hehe

• 3 weeks later...

use Google translator on chrome works great btw but I don't trust Facebook as much as buying a drive from chris upchurch I don't even own Facebook it's pointless happy hyperspinning I don't buy drives I fix em lol because people come on here go to chat and there where I lurk most the time not now New chat sucks need old one back more helpful for those who get in a bind not everyone post :-) just a thought ;-)

Sent from my LGL16C

Archived