Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Pc to android?

Henderson33

Hi,i have been following all of simply austins videos to help me set up hyperspin on my pc. I was wondering if there was a way of getting my pc version working on my shield TV with slight tweaking?

Do bezels work on Android hyperspin?

I transfered my hyperspin to a hard drive and then transfered the android settings folder over. It loads hyperspin and it looks like my pc build, it just won't load any roms. Thank you :)

First off not all your wheels may be able to be used. It's dependent on whether there is a compatible emulator for android.

Reznnate has already done a very good setup guide (http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/8304-setup-hyperspin-for-android/). I'd suggest you install Retroarch (it's free) and use its online updater to download the cores (i.e emulators) that you need. Your .ini files will need tweaking, Rezznate's 3rd post in that forum thread will help you out with that.

You might well want to use different emulators to Retroarch in some situations...I use Mupen64 Plus AE (V3 Alpha) for the N64 as an example. More often than not I'm using retroarch though. I wish you all the best with it, I'm sure you'll have plenty of other members pitching in to help you out :)

I have 87 systems working on hyperspin android. I use retroarch for 90% and mame 4 droid, mupen64, reicast and dolphin. You need to copy over all your ini files to a android folder as well as main menu for system wheel

You need to setup your emulators 1st

Change you rom path in your android ini files to match where they are on the shield. (Best done on your PC!) I didn't go with the path suggested in the android setup guide hyperspin/emulators/sytemname/roms.

I just put a roms folder on my shield (hopefully this won't trip me up in the future)

To find my correct file path to my roms I opened retroarch and went to load content.

The 3 path options show you your folder structure/file path on the shield. Mine started:-

Storage/emulated/0 or something similar. Once I change my ini files rom path to have the above roms started loading.

I followed austins vids and the retroarch download is preconfigured, you need to configure the android one. It's well documented here by Reznate that hyperspin launches a different retroarch config file than the actual retroarch app.

This means you can't access retroarch config files as its all saved in the hidden root folders. (Unless you have rooted your shield)

I opened a game from hyperspin pressed the Nvidia button to get retroarch menu then changed my directories for configs (under settings tab directory) to the com.android folder. I can now adjust stuff when needed.

Archived