Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Jukebox Arcade

allsyop

I have always wanted to build a Jukebox. The problem was I did not want to sink a ton of money in a touch screen that was tiny 15 to 19 inch. Finally the larger screens have come down to a reasonable price (kind of)

So I designed the cab with a 24 inch touchscreen in mind. I racked my brain for a while figuring out how I would like for it to look and what kind of components I wanted to use. So to solid works I went. After a few days

I had all of my CAD files. After I had all of my panels and pieces cut I did the assembly. Then I had to decide whether to design a graphic wrap for the fronts and sides, or go with a stain and lacquer finish. Finally I went

with the stain an lacquer finish. It would have been easier to wrap it with a graphic, But I love the smooth glass like finish (6 coats of lacquer, and 2 million dead brain cells later).

I also wanted the cabinet to have environmental lighting that would react to the music. So I used a Flex RGB LED audio strip behind the front plate of the machine. I milled out a recessed area so it would not stand out when

people would be looking at the cab. You really have to get behind the machine to see them, but puts off a amazing light show on the wall behind the Jukebox that is controlled by the music/sound. I also knew I wanted the sound

system to really kick ass. I bounced around the idea of PC speakers but really the only two I would even consider was the Logitech Z-906, and the corsair sp2500. So I ditched the PC speakers and Jumped over to Car Audio

conversion. I wanted to go with a name that had both good home and car audio. So I went with Polk Audio for the whole setup. I used 4X 6.5" DB6501 speakers at 100 Watts RMS each. Then used a 12" DB1240DVC at 360 Watts

RMS to the Sub in a sealed box. For the amplifier I used a 5 channel Polk Audio PAD5000.5 series amp with a dedicated 100 amp DC power supply to the amp. It sounds incredible. I have a set of the Z906 on my race simulator, they

have nothing close to the power of this setup. I am really glad I went this route.

For the function and gaming I put a wireless Xbox 360 PC adapter inside the cab along with a few wireless controllers and a wireless guitar for all of the Guitar Hero games. Put the real fun is in the touchscreen games like Angry Birds

and Plants vs Zombies. A coin acceptor is also on the front of the cab. I think it adds a little flavor to the unit. Besides the arcade front-end, I also loaded Zenpoint Jukebox software. It will allow you not only to use it as a traditional

MP3 Jukebox, but you can also use it for Video Jukebox, Karaoke Jukebox, and gaming. There is also a set of wireless Karaoke mics for the cab. This was the most fun I have had in a while building, but was also time consuming to say

the least.

post-10059-142870599639_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870599631_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870599633_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870599635_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870599636_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870599637_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870599638_thumb.jpg

Very Cool!! Dammit, now you make me want to finish my R2D2 touchscreen jukebox/slot machine/game build!

I thought I saw a post where you had the R2D2 theme? That would have been a cool theme for this one if I wrapped it. Would like to see that post if you can point me in the right

direction.

Great build what are you using as a juke box program?

podcastlogo_zpsc5a2f0facopy.png

Zenpoint

Here is the post to the R2D2 build. Progress has stopped since I need a new dell touchscreen computer. And the custom metal top is fixed and just needs skinned now to match the rest of the cab.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?22235-Custom-R2D2-Midway-TouchMaster!&highlight=r2d2

That is awesome. I love the theme. When do you think you will have it finished?

Archived