Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Bliss-box

ulao

Hello Hyperspin world!

I'm mainly here for two reasons. 1) I'm thinking of giving this Hyperspin a try. I currently use Quick play and I'm the only author on the project but I feel it had its run. Hopping HS can be used in a similar fashion. And 2) clear some of the rumors and info on my Bliss-Box project.

Bliss-Box

Firstly its not blissbox its Bliss-Box mainly as some of you know, blissbox will lead you to un-viewable or NSFW pages. Before I realized that, the name was branded for me and it is sort of stuck. So searching for Bliss-Box or even Bliss-Box adapter is best :)

Second, yeah its legit and real but suffers from professional promoting and esthetics. The main reason here is this was never meant to be a huge project as it was just a hobby of mine. Over the years I have done what I can to pretty up the site and fix things to target the user base. I'm not all that good at that sort of thing so I have to point to the people that helped me do just that. Things like Facebook for example.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Bliss-Box-The-Ultimate-Controller-Adapter/155460814471374?ref=sgm A Bliss-Box user did this for me though I now maintain it.

As for a review its best to find the linked info on the forums.

http://blissbox.freeforums.org/reviews-f4.html?sid=33c5fac61546bc9ada999ccf1d03f0f8

A quick thing about me. I'm a huge emulation fan, like many of you here. I have TB's of roms and every emulator I could ever want. I'm also a game developer and electrical engineer. I started gaming in 84 so yeah retro is sort of my thing. Also the Bliss-box is not really a product its a "project". Is it any good? Hell yeah it is. I dont aim to sell I aim to perfect. That said I'm not like mayflash, you can actually talk to a person and express what you would like to see added to the project. Anyone would be a fool to think this project was developed from one mind. This is 7 years of efforts and ideas from gamers like us. All I do is wave my magic wand and make it happen.

Limitations - Yes this is a single player box. If I did a 2 or 4 player version I'd run out of pins. I do make customs boxes to fit 4 player in them but that jacks up the price. Alternative options are being looked at. Bliss-box 2.0 is only meant for usb ( pc, mac, ps3, xbox, ect...). Plans are in the works for a mutil platform box (3.0). So you could use the bliss-Box on a saturn, atari, or snes.

Price - Yup, its high! Well I build them by hand? So here is the deal... One, I explain how to do it on my page. Two, I will help you build it. Tree, its dirt cheep that way. If I don't have to build it for you, no labor, no price over head. The bottom line is I dont inflate the price to make money, I just have to charge labor and right now it's a time consoling project to make. So, do not pay me to do it, Do it your self ;) Short answer here is no one wants to, they want it made for them and want it cheep. Well my magic wand is not that powerful but ( see below ).

Mass Production. So after 7 years I have decided to give in. Everyone wants the Bliss-Box for cheep. What better way to do that then to mass produce it. Well it just so happens I' did ok in life, not a millionaire but I make due and decided to make this work at the price of a luxury car. The Bliss-box may flop and I'm prepared to take that but I figure its worth a try. I'll be using kickstarter and a manufacture to build a production version of the Bliss-Box. To find out more see this link.

http://blissbox.freeforums.org/bliss-box-project-torizo-t194.html

also lots of news on the facebook page mentioned above.

After this is done I plan to prototype some of the custom jobs the Bliss-Box users have asked for.

Pictures.

Mainbox and the first target post-11315-142870606275_thumb.jpg

drive bay post-11315-142870606278_thumb.jpg

nes box post-11315-14287060628_thumb.jpg

singles post-11315-142870606283_thumb.jpg

panels post-11315-142870606288_thumb.jpg

Main site

FaceBook

compatibility page

forums

Contact. You can get to me on FB, my webpage, or just ask here. Looks like I'll be checking out HS in the next few months.

Bliss-box is not for everyone but to some its just bliss.

I wanted to mention this on HS because there are like 16 threads on blissbox and Bliss-Box and some ask questions but are not answered. Also some HS author tried to contact me ( for what reason I dont know ) and I like to follow up. I tried to email him back but never get a reply. If this post is against rules or seen as a promotion to my project I'll understand if it must be moved, taken down, or edited. I just felt the info within was needed.

See post #22 for pricing explanation.

post-11315-142870606285_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey - I was the one that contacted you via Facebook sometime ago, but never got a reply. I've followed your project for a while as I've been looking for something like your panels for a really long time. This post is perfectly fine.

/edit: I actually just checked Facebook found your message in an inbox that I didn't know about.

Its "patent approved"

Yup I already know about MVGS2 I read about that on here. Its not really the same thing and requires cutting up controller or making adapters. A patent does not in any way interfere with my project I've looked in to that.

He has not found anyone to built it for him yet and its next to impossible to believe he has developed all that code without using open source code snippets. People think OS projects that are copyLeft like mine are free to use. This is not true, the cost is attribution. Once he mas-produces it and publishes his patent he will be sued for everything he has. Now I dont know about French patents... but if that is the case a french patent is not going to be in the way of a us patent. I wish him the best and hope he knows what he is doing.

From the looks of it, this is not an analog adapter only digital stuff.

hey Dazz, got the mssg thx!

Yeah! "patent approved", sorry for my english... This guy has do so, but it seems he never used this to produce and sell his MVGS... You have two solutions: You cut all your controllers and have only plug on your PC, or you have lot of plugs on your PC but all your controllers intacts... Depends on what you want to do. It's a great project, and a lot of people here will be interrested! good luck!

Personally, I like the aspect of the Bliss-Box. If I recall it has a DIY component in which many people here would like. I have tested out several controller chips in the past that allow us to interface controllers to PC. Some work better than others, so I'm really anxious to see how well the Bliss-Box interface works with multiple controllers.

yeah shinobi68, its basically the same idea as Bliss-box but targeted at a profit so as I pointed out at the top that's is not me nor my project in anyway at all. I believe in an open free world where people can profit from knowledge not sales.

or you have lot of plugs on your PC but all your controllers intacts...
Not sure if you meant solution one being mvgs2 and two being Bliss-box or that mvgs2 gives you both solutions. From what I can tell mvgs2 requires you to cut up controllers and does not provide a solution to preserver your controllers. Also mvgs2 has no support for analog controllers.

Also I believe he may only be patenting the full system not just that device. Mixed views there.

Dazz, ill try to get my buddy on here, Adam. He has been using a Bliss-Box panel for 3 or 4 years now.

Hey DrMoneyn yeah I saw you in about 90% of the posts. Last year was very heavy on orders. This year is no so bad but I'm guessing mainly due to the inspired production. Tnx sandman ( a local to me I see )

Didn't even notice your location, i'm down here at the bottom of the world. I guess you are too.

I'd like to highly recommend this guy. I had him make me 2 drive bay boxes with multiple ports. After I got them I noticed that there was no easy way switch controllers and have the interface detect them other than restarting the PC. He just told me to send them back and for no charge he put in reset buttons, and even thanked me for finding a flaw he had not yet encountered.

Was also highly responsive to my many questions of operability (as I was trying to make the most user friendly HS system ever conceived by man).

That's great to hear. I'm happy enough having a random assortment of controllers and adapters connected to my main PC as a stop-gap solution but I'm seriously considering getting one or two Bliss-Boxes if I ever build a cabinet. (It will be a stand-up arcade cab, but also connected to my TV for console games.)

Ulao - You're right - most people don't want to spend the time to build one. I've been contemplating for the past year or so about buying and building but ultimately decided I'd rather pay someone to build one.

I have a full size arcade cabinet and would like a 2 player every console connector panel. Pretty sure most cabinet owners will want the same configuration. Speculation on my part but having a small bliss box in a cabinet just doesn't make sense.

So what kind of a price range are the cabinet owners looking at for this setup? Thanks for any info. You have a very cool product and IMHO is mandatory for any cabinet.

I think it'd be beneficial to the community (and you) if you simply just listed prices for each setup completed. Yes I'd be interested in the first "dual panel" and if the price for the "quad" panel" wasn't considerably more I'd consider that instead.

Take the guess work out of this for everyone. This way you can focus on what you do best and not field as many questions. :)

Cab owners will never use a box, and to this day no cab owner has bought one. Its highly impractical I agree and Bliss-box is not, at this time, a signature look. Yes, the most popular look is that box. Cab owner all want something different, so its near imposable to stream line it. Some like the drive bays and some the cut to fit plexi. Get a gang of people to decide on a style here and we can talk lowering cost. If you guys can figure out the best possible solution I'll consider adding that to the production planning. As of now the price does not change from cabs, to boxes, for drawers. Board(player) cost $35 additional cuts( ports) cost $10. Plex-i and cutting is around 15-20 as is the shipping to get it there in one piece ;)

I'm not sure about price talk on the forums here so unless an admin okays it, I'll leave it at that.

Or would it be best to do the price break down in the sell buy forums?

Or would it be best to do the price break down in the sell buy forums?

Absolutely break it all down in the B/S forum. And I sincerely appreciate your immediate responses. This is such and INVALUABLE piece and mandatory for the die hard nostalgia nuts like myself. Glad you agree - us cab guys just don't benefit from he "box".

As far as the panel style - wow I guess I never put much thought into simply because I thought it was WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). Honestly that panel on any cabinet best serves it's purpose mounted in the front. It's most likely to get mounted above the coin door if one exists. For a full size upright cab horizontal panel is IMHO the best solution. For a pedestal type cabinet a vertical panel would be best. Just thinking out loud.

Honestly I think you'd be wise to simply offer the "duo" and the "quad" in both vertical and horizontal styles. Can't imagine what cost difference by offering 2 different style panels?

LOL did you just.. you did, you defined WYSIWYG. Either your as old as I am ( one year to 40 ) or your very young LOL.

Ok lets do this. First I admit I'm not the best at explain thing so I'd like to enlist your help. Also it look as though I can not post in that forum? Nor can I make sigs so I guess my forum rights suck. Here is how I would go about trying to explain this, please ( and honestly ) make this more friendly. If you would not mind making a posting for me that be great! Otherwise I guess I can edit the first post I made if that is not against the rules here ???

I think the best way to think of pricing is like buying a pizza. You can get a single cheese, build your own, or get a specialty. Most people want it built to spec. There is no way possible to sell one style every wants. If that were the case, it would be a specially design and have a fixed price.

A basic single adapter is like a cheese pizza. You get what you need + one port. Total of $35

Building your own you just add ports till your order complete. + 10 + 10 + 10…

A specialty is not really available yet but will be more common later. These are boxes, panels, or bays that are fixed discounted prices. For example the full box would be $35 + 14 ports. That is $185 but it’s priced at $150. Anything that is common will get easier to make, thus be cheaper.

Also I’m not a car salesman so there is no point in fishing for deals. The more I have to do the more it costs, it’s not like I have a room full of these things. This is why I’m working on a production.

cab panels would be a build your own. I think this is the main target for this forum.

Each player is $35

Addition ports are $10

Plexi $15

Example 2 player panel

plexi = 15

35+14( 14 ports) = 185

+

35+14( 14 ports) = 185

total is 385 + shipping. ( normally about $15-$20)

So ~$400 is a good target for a 2 player panel.

~185 is a good target for what one play would cost, so really just multiple by player then add shipping and the plexi.

Most people will want to lower the price by removing what they dont want. so take $10 off the total cost for each port you dont need.

LOL did you just.. you did, you defined WYSIWYG. Either your as old as I am ( one year to 40 ) or your very young LOL.

Ok lets do this. First I admit I'm not the best at explain thing so I'd like to enlist your help. Also it look as though I can not post in that forum? Nor can I make sigs so I guess my forum rights suck. Here is how I would go about trying to explain this, please ( and honestly ) make this more friendly. If you would not mind making a posting for me that be great! Otherwise I guess I can edit the first post I made if that is not against the rules here ???

I think the best way to think of pricing is like buying a pizza. You can get a single cheese, build your own, or get a specialty. Most people want it built to spec. There is no way possible to sell one style every wants. If that were the case, it would be a specially design and have a fixed price.

A basic single adapter is like a cheese pizza. You get what you need + one port. Total of $35

Building your own you just add ports till your order complete. + 10 + 10 + 10…

A specialty is not really available yet but will be more common later. These are boxes, panels, or bays that are fixed discounted prices. For example the full box would be $35 + 14 ports. That is $185 but it’s priced at $150. Anything that is common will get easier to make, thus be cheaper.

Also I’m not a car salesman so there is no point in fishing for deals. The more I have to do the more it costs, it’s not like I have a room full of these things. This is why I’m working on a production.

cab panels would be a build your own. I think this is the main target for this forum.

Each player is $35

Addition ports are $10

Plexi $15

Example 2 player panel

plexi = 15

35+14( 14 ports) = 185

+

35+14( 14 ports) = 185

total is 385 + shipping. ( normally about $15-$20)

So ~$400 is a good target for a 2 player panel.

~185 is a good target for what one play would cost, so really just multiple by player then add shipping and the plexi.

Most people will want to lower the price by removing what they dont want. so take $10 off the total cost for each port you dont need.

I think you explained it pretty well. BTW I'm older than you are so WYSIWYG it is! :)

IIRC your website isn't setup for a person to specify exactly what configuration they want.

(\For instance if you go to order diodes from some place you typically have the option to change the quantity. Something along those lines would be perfect simply because a person like myself could go down the line and specify the quantity of each item and a Paypal checkout at the end. BAM done deal. You grab parts - throw them in a box and ship it.

FWIW - could I build one of these? Yes. Do I "REALLY" want to spend the time to do it? Ummmm hell no. I was bored out of my skull building my 4 player CP and this involves a lot of work. I would MUCH rather buy an item I simply plug into a motherboard and screw into the cabinet. Speaking of, in my personal opinion I'd offer tinted plexi. Most people will cut a hole in their cabinet and probably wouldn't want the wiring and such visible through the plex. I think it'd look much nicer "concealed".

Hell, for that matter my neighbor runs a metal fab business and has 2 $100K CNC machines. Instead of plexi have you considered using a metal panel/plate? I could absolutely hook you up with a stellar deal there. Not to mention my best friend of 18 years is a web head and could assist on setting up your website to provide a shopping cart. If you need help feel free to ask. It's free to "window" shop. For the metal plate I'd simply need a template preferably a CAD template. Most of the expense is just taking the time to draw it out in CAD. If he was able to drop in a template and walk away it'd be dirt cheap.

I was reading your FB wall, and wow you've had a bumpy ride. Are you currently working with someone to produce these?

Lastly let me re-itterate the importance of a "out of the box" product. Plug and play if you will. It might cost more to have a plug and play unit but the assurance that it was done right and most likely to work first time is worth money and there simply has to be more people like myself that are willing to pay to have that piece of mind.

Theres a picture in my blog under the "ConsoleBox Update" post if anyone wants to see.

Your blog

So the product doesn't allow hotswap without resetting it? Rebooting is not that cool of a deal.

You also mention adding a USB card to do dedicated ports - I am a huge fan of NOT moving a USB connections after they've been installed for the first time. Your controller ID's changed huh?

I would hope that once this device is attached to the PC that the drivers would load, and controllers stay static (ID wise).

Archived