Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Number of flipper buttons?

DBrown67

Hi guys!!! I'm new to the world of pinball builds, but I do have experience of cabinet builds using Mame. I feel this is a "step up" so to speak as there is more stuff to get to grips with. I generally build mini cabs as I don't have room for full size items. So my pinball planning right now is for a reduced sized cabinet.

Anyway enough waffling! I'm in the early stages of planning right now and I see that some people have 4 flipper buttons and others use only 2. Is there a definite advantage to having 4? Will I miss out on any awesome tables if I just use 2? If I can get away with 2 and still have 99% of the tables available then I'll go that route as it is a smaller machine I'm building. The only part I've ordered so far is the VirtuaPin™ digital plunger kit. So now that I'm invested already this has got to be completed! :hello:

While I'm at it my PC specs are an old desktop I was using. E8500 dual core processor (easily overclockable) with Radeon 4850 card with Windows Vista 32bit. I do want to run a three monitor setup so I know I'll need a second card. Does that spec sound good enough? It's what I have already so could save £££'s.

Archived