Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Best Real DMD and Driver PCB Set? Backglass Monitor?

dreamkey56

Hello.

My Virtual Pin Cab just started with installing PC to work on my 46" Samsung Playfield.

Works as far,

but now I will go on with separate Displays.

For Backglass I will choose a 32" Samsung LED TV. Ist this ok?

It Looks so wide and flat. Isn´t it?

What Kind of LCD has a better look/shape?

Next Thing is the DMD:

Looking for a Real DMD set.

Which should I aim for?

Is there a shop that delivers both (DMD and Driver PCB) in Europe?

With good, bright DMDs?

Please help to to get good parts for this step.

Thank you for every information/answer, guys!

newbie HP

Russ who makes the pindmd is based in Europe so getting that from him will be no problem as far as real dmd go it's personal preference. You can buy a 5 volt vishay or xpin and be good to go or if you prefer a plasma dmd you can get one of those but those require a special power transformer and power supply board to work. If you looking for simple just get a vishay or xpin.

Thank you, Dr. Willy (the mad megaman doc?).

Very helpful. In that case I will choose this vishay or xpin, as you wrote.

The xpin has well notecable Grid, so I would prefer a Vishay LED DMD. But wher to buy in Europe?

Cant find any shop :(

Alternatively is ere a good shop in US that is shipping to Europe?

Thanks

For what it's worth: If you want to order from Europe, you might want to check wolfsoft.de for the PinDMD2 and PinLED.de for a reasonably cheap Led DMD. They work perfectly fine with the PinDMD2. I have exactly the same setup. And for 199€, the DMD is really cheap. It is, as has been stated, a matter of personal taste though. If you want an ultra-bright DMD, you should go with Vishay or XPin. However, they will be a little bit more expensive especially with shipping to Europe. PinLED also gives two years full warranty also for Vpin install and in case sth should happen, it's closer to home. This is also why I went with them...

the best looking DMD screens are the vishay plasma screens. You can also get these with onboard power supply,

the 12 volt plasma vishay looks much better/more authentic than the LED DMD's. It is also plug and play: you can power it from your PC power supply's 12 volt.

vishay part no: APD128G0320A00G01

Down side is the price. Mouser sells these at 373 euro (excluding tax). But the question was: "what is the BEST dmd".

also: regarding the LED vishay DMD's: there are two different models. One is segmented, just like the Xpin and Pinled displays. This is the one sold by virtuapin for example. You can check the forum there, it also has people complaining about misaligned segments on the vishays.

There is also an unsegmented version, but this one is almost as expensive as the 12 volt plasma.

an overview of the different models, and approx euro pricing including tax:

vishay APD128G0320A00G01 (12v plasma) +- 430 eur

vishay LEE128G0320001E90 (unsegmented 5v led) +-380 eur

vishay LEE128G032B000E90 (segmented 5v led, like the one from virtuapin. also available in red) +- 300 eur

pinled 12v orange +- 219 eur

xpin 5v +- 300 eur

At flippermarkt.de, the Vishay Plamsma DMDs are currently sold for 150€. They are new. You could check it out. You might just have to register at the forum. They have also a small VPin section. I have bought many parts there, e.g. Widebody lockdownbar, legs, coindoor etc. It's a great place to look for bargains.The Plasma DMDs can be found here:

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?p=1075365#post1075365

At flippermarkt.de, the Vishay Plamsma DMDs are currently sold for 150€. They are new. You could check it out. You might just have to register at the forum. They have also a small VPin section. I have bought many parts there, e.g. Widebody lockdownbar, legs, coindoor etc. It's a great place to look for bargains.The Plasma DMDs can be found here:

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?p=1075365#post1075365

This is currently a nice price for an original pinball DMD. It should be noted though, that unlike the APD128G0320A00G01, the 'normal' vishay plasma does not have a built in power supply. This is because a pinball machine can already provide all the neccesary voltages. For virtual pinball use, you would have to couple this 150 euro DMD with at least 150 euro's worth of transformers (80 + 100 volt) and a DMD power board. Yes, this is cheaper than buying the APD128G0320A00G01 with built in power supply, but it introduces complicated high-voltage wiring to your cabinet. Not to mention the headache of finding all the right parts......

You could also take a look at this new online shop in Germany. The guy has built a number of cabs and is also very active at flippermarkt.de

Might be wort checking out.

LED DMD for less than 200€ + PinDMD2 for about 85€.

http://www.vpin-shop.de/epages/64158583.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64158583/Categories/Anzeigeeinheit

just saying...

This looks like the red 8x8 pinled (which is 189 from pinled itself). IMO, the 16x16 orange one looks much nicer.

Archived