The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Plans for a crt 29´monitor

ema

Thks to all friends here i love hyperspin great, i hjave only one question people i have the plan but i dont how to fix crt monitor any ideia, great job all thks

When you say "Fix CRT" I hope you mean attaching it to your cab and not actually fixing the monitor? If you need it fixed that isn't something I would advise a newbie on. :) Most cases a fly back needs a cap kit if it has problems but you really need to have it fixed by people that do it for a job. Also I have to ask why would you buy one that is broken? You can pick up brand new ones for under a $1000 shipped worldwide.

...you really need to have it fixed by people that do it for a job.

Pole's correct. Don't mess with repairing that yourself unless you know what you are doing. The caps can continue to hold a significant amount of juice, even after being unplugged, though not indefinitely.

Before you go dropping a bunch of $$$ repairing it, ask yourself the following:

1. Am I comfortable with moving and installing an 80lb.+ object?

2. Is the 800 x 600 resolution limitation going to meet my needs?

3. Are the exposed dangerous electronics of the monitor a concern for the safety of my kids/pets/drunken friends?

4. Is it possible that MAME's HLSL effects are good enough to recreate the authenticity of the original arcade experience on a bigger, cheaper, lighter, better resolution TV?

Just a few things to think about. I've been down this road myself recently, and I now have a D9800 collecting dust due to my hastiness.

The TriSync monitor is nice and all.. but you would be better off spending the cash on an LCD. The above comments are correct, these things weigh a TON. LCD requires basically NO maintenance, you can run them in 4:3 mode to eliminate the stretching and there's even scan line generators you can use also. By the time you factor in the cost for a CRT vs LCD it's an easy choice. Let alone the resolution differences (again mentioned above)

I have a 33" myself and from back to front of the monitor case is about 26 inches. So you'll need a good amount of room for your cab also.

If you do choose to go with a CRT monitor, look around there are plans for a Dynamo Showcase Arcade, which houses these bigger monitors. There about 4 foot wide, 6 foot tall, and 5 1/2 foot long. Definitely not made for smaller spaces.

I bought a 2 slot neo geo MVS a few months back and the screen went out about 2 weeks after that. it was 699 for a mak or 250 for a 32 inch seki LED and 40 for the conversion board from RGB to vga. I'm glad i went the way i did. CRTs are cool and all, but why deal with all the extra weight/hassle?

This post comes to me in the right time... i was about to buy a 29 CRT TV for my home consoles hs machine and a VGA to RGB adapter but... now i think i gonna go for a LCD TV... just a few $$$ more... i want to have my HS Console below my TV so i can have it in the living room, my wife can watch TV or Movies there and y can come later, change the video source and play in a minute to all those console classics :)... just like the old times with my Sega Genesis

PLUS: my wife is happier now haha

Archived