Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

nivenj

Hi All,

Am going to be attempting my own Hyperspin build, from the ground up so hopefully lots of you that have done it before will be able to help me and give me a few pointers.

I'm designing the cabinet layout and will be getting all the panels cnc cut. The theme I am going for is a Deadpool theme, so black and red as the main theme colours. What do you think of this as the side panels?

cb89ac8.jpg

I like your idea. Just keep working on the layout until it all flows together well and looks like it all fits together.

For the art make sure it's hi-res enough to be blown up large, you'll also need it to all be at 300dpi, keep your color set to RGB and make absolutely certain your blacks all match so none print as "really dark gray".

That does look better.

Try it with a curve into the marquee area instead of the hard 7 corner to see how it looks.

And what's up with that render? The perspective looks really off, or is that an optical illusion?

Yeah, its just the render. The actual design is spot on, in terms of physical. The reason there is a hard corner on the marquee area is I want the speakers in the marquee area pointing straight down so need the overhang to accommodate the speakers and grille. (Ignore the joystick placement, its now recessed so more of the stick comes out the top.

94043d6.png

Oh I just meant on the outside panels of the cab where your t-molding will run, leaving the interior space flat just like you have shown..

post-58638-0-30715900-1461433415.png

I was thinking if you took out that hard indent and instead curved it (matching the same curve you have underneath the control panel) it might unify the overall design.

EDIT: And if you are planning on lightguns you should bolt actual, real holsters to the sides similar to what he has. Ha! Would be cool with this cab theme.

Thats a great idea...even if i don't use them!!

Interesting, just looked into this....Deadpools guns are Desert Eagles....although it would seem owning, or importing anything that looks realistic would be illegal in the uk, even if they are for use in an arcade cabinet.

Anyone from UK ever done something similar?

Archived