Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

T-molding problem

snstay

I'm on the final stretch of my cab and I need a t-molding with the barbs thicker than 1/16 in. I looked on the normal sites and they seem to be all 1/16 in. I heard people glueing it in but I don't want to go that route. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

pretty much all of them are 1/16.

The only other solution i can think of is putting some masking tape on the barb to see if it thickens it up a bit. If not, use low temp hot glue. You can still remove it if you need to later down the road.

Ok thanks. But with glueing it in will it be sturdy enough to go around the corners or will I have to glue a staight edge and wait for it to dry before making the corner?

That I can't say. I can tell you I needed to remove t-molding that was glued into a cab once and the process shredded the edges of the wood and destroyed the sideart with it. Bad, bad.

Did your t channel just get cut to big or something?

No it didn't I pulled the original off and it's bigger. Its still 3/4 in. Wide just a bigger channel. It was an old egg venture cab that I'm converting. It had a black t-molding but I'm going for a blue theme so I have the blue t molding all ready to go just want the best way to install the smaller barbs.

That I can't say. I can tell you I needed to remove t-molding that was glued into a cab once and the process shredded the edges of the wood and destroyed the sideart with it. Bad, bad.

Did your t channel just get cut to big or something?

Never experienced this. This likely was caused because whoever put on the molding actually placed glue on the bottom half of the molding and not on the actual barb.

No it didn't I pulled the original off and it's bigger. Its still 3/4 in. Wide just a bigger channel. It was an old egg venture cab that I'm converting. It had a black t-molding but I'm going for a blue theme so I have the blue t molding all ready to go just want the best way to install the smaller barbs.

You likely have a blown slot. If you really want to do it the proper way, bondo the slot and then cut yourself a new slot using a router.

Archived