Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Openbor

badhemi

Which version of OpenBor? And did you edit the controller config to get it to work by controller, or did you use right stick mouse emulation.

I have it working too, but it doesn't launch games from the hyperspin wheel.

Which version of OpenBor? And did you edit the controller config to get it to work by controller, or did you use right stick mouse emulation.

I have it working too, but it doesn't launch games from the hyperspin wheel.

it's 1.4 and I went in options menu under controller and remapped controller. Haven't tried it thru hyperspin yet. You have to load paks in paks folder then rename roms and change Rom exten. I suppose

I got beats of rage to load directly from hyperspin but if you load more than one game in pack folder then you have a list of games and you have to choose

Any game i try to load, it gets me to the main menu where all games are to choose from

Any game i try to load, it gets me to the main menu where all games are to choose from

me too. If you have one game in pak folder it will load automatically. We have to figure out how to recognize individual games in pak folder. In pc version each game has its own Openbor exe with one game in pak folder so it loads each one from wheel. It might be something in ini settings maybe it's autostart.? Hopefully sting or rezenate can chime in

• 1 month later...

I use my Dual shock 4 controllers with SixAxis controller app. It has a mode where it has all the keyboard keys mapped to the controller.

Otherwise try to get a copy of Tincore Keymapper and map your controller to keys.

I had an older version of OPEN BOR that was custom modified to work with a DS controller out the box, but i need to find it again. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can use my nvidia controller on mine. There is an option to map keys. The bad thing is the second controller when you map it still doesn't work. When playing 2 players the first controller controls both characters

Maybe I can use tasker to change the keyboard when BOR loads, and change it back when I exit, this way I dont lose the on screen keyboard.

This seems like a simple tuturial to make that happen

http://code.rawlinson.us/2012/10/android-change-keyboard-based-on-app.html

If it works out, I'll post a tasker profile or what ever it's called.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

So I started learning how to make the tasker profile, when I came across a simpler (and FREE) solution. Unfortunately, either option require root.

I used an app called Keyboard Master from the play store. It requires that after you install it, you make it a system app. That was done easily by using a free app called "/system/app mover ★ ROOT ★"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whitedavidp.keyboardmaster

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.systemappmover

I felt this has more advantages than tasker. First, keyboard master is free for one profile (which I plan on buying to support the dev). Second, a seperate task is not needed for different keyboards. Last is that since the tasker route uses secure settings add on, it may use more resources unless individual components are turned off.

I think it may be possible without root to have the keyboard selection pop up when you open & exit the app and manually select it.

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to messing with tasker. I created a simple profile that doesn't require root. It brings up the keyboard selection when openBOR opens, and then when it closes (even if it crashes). I've only tried it out on my phone, not on the shield TV yet. Here is the profile:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwOFiJiWyYpLVkhVeFZNYU5TN3c/view?usp=drivesdk

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2016 at 11:10 PM, badhemi said:

I got it to load thru hyperspin.

org.openbor.engine/org.libsdl.app.SDLActivity

Ext file is pak,PAK

HI buddy....I'm curious to get this 2 launch all I need to do is write this command for the exe?....I ask because my database is the names of the paks and I put this for exe and when I try 2 launch a game it says invalid app....so Im curious if the database should just be this exe command instead of paks since we can't launch from wheels anyways?...sorry if this been asked or answered b4 bUT I can't find many topics on openbor

Yes use pak. Not exe. Also your paks must go in the openbor pak folder in the shield root folder. You can only launch one game from wheel. Then play the others thru the pak folder of openbor. My database is the name of the pak

Archived