Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Setting up Dreamcast wheel

mihaliousa

I have got a lot of games with track 1, 2 and so on, put them all in separate folders and modified the xml list using the method another member came up with in order to work. My problem is renaming the media: i can't get the wheels, videos or any artwork to show as i am unable to rename them according to the game's name. It is something like this:

game name="Grandia II v1.001 (2000)(Ubi Soft)(NTSC)(US)[!]/Grandia II v1.001 (2000)(Ubi Soft)(NTSC)(US)[!]" index="" image="">

There is a slash which separares the cdi file from the folder it is in. Unfortunately windows cannot rename a file using the slash, so i can't rename the relevant game wheel with the name of the game that appears in the xml list.  Any ideas?

I have got a lot of games with track 1, 2 and so on, put them all in separate folders and modified the xml list using the method another member came up with in order to work. My problem is renaming the media: i can't get the wheels, videos or any artwork to show as i am unable to rename them according to the game's name. It is something like this:

game name="Grandia II v1.001 (2000)(Ubi Soft)(NTSC)(US)[!]/Grandia II v1.001 (2000)(Ubi Soft)(NTSC)(US)[!]" index="" image="">

There is a slash which separares the cdi file from the folder it is in. Unfortunately windows cannot rename a file using the slash, so i can't rename the relevant game wheel with the name of the game that appears in the xml list.  Any ideas?

Download a set that is already renamed.  This isn't the correct way to rename the disc images and associated files.

What happens though if some games of that set consist more that one files, say it is not just a cdi or a gdi file but a few tracks? Android hyperspin does not read subfolders. All games should be in one folder

Yeah, and that's exactly how the games should be anyway.  All the files for one game (img, cue, ccd) should be in the same folder - there should not be a sub folder inside of the game folder.

The chap that done the sub folder workaround had the same problem as you.

Sorry I don't really have DC setup.

Tonesmalone I think mihaliousa just wants to keep his games a bit more organised. May be a fruitless task but if you do find a solution mihaliousa please post it up

• 1 month later...

So I have done some LIMITED testing with 3 games in gdi format

Tony Hawks

Tony Hawks 2

Dance Dance Revolution

The .gdi file WORKS with Hyperspin and Reicast and can be named to match the Sega Dreamcast.xml

Method 1:

So first off you can convert .gdi format games to chd format and that worked with Dance Dance. (It also reduces the size of the game by a bit which is good on storage)

It took about 5mins to do on my i3 laptop while downloading through FTP and transfering some files to USB at the same time

WARNING Backup you games before converting to chd as I dont know of a way to return them (although I believe there is a way to do it)

There are programs out there somewhere to do this when the game is in .zip or .7z format but I could not find one

My simple single unzipped manual method is here

To do this you need the chdman program from any recent MAME install

1. Place the chdman.exe in the folder with you .gdi game

2. Create a .txt file with the following text (EXACTLY as below)

for /r %%x in (*.gdi) do chdman -createcd "%%~nx " "%%x.chd"

3. Save this .txt file as chdbatch.bat

4. Place your chdman.exe, chdbatch.bat, GAMENAME.gdi & associated .bin/.raw files in the same folder (you can run the .bat in the directory of all game folders but it's going to take a while!)

5. Run (double click) the .bat file and wait for the conversion to finish

6. You will be left with a GAMENAME.chd

7. Do this for all your games and make sure you add chd to your extensions in the Sega Dreamcast.ini file

post-93349-0-62452200-1475797694_thumb.png

Method 2:

Renaming the .gdi and associated track files is possible BUT its limited and very specific which means you will have to custom rename EVERY single track file for ALL games and also rename them WITHIN the .gdi text file

The track files dont seem to like any spaces in their name within the .gdi file (I only tested 2 games) This means you cant rename by the .gdi file name/gamename entry in the database

The process is similar to bin/cue if you are familiar.

1. Match all your .gdi files to the gamename entries in the database like you normally do with ALL roms

2. Rename ALL the track files for that game DONT USE SPACES (i tested and ' worked in the name not sure on other special charcters) I guess you can use ANY naming format you like. (for Tony Hawks & Tony Hawks 2 I used thpstrack01.bin thps'2track01.bin)

3. Open the .gdi file with Notepad++

4. Change/match all the track file names in the .gdi file to match your renamed track files

Now you can place EVERY track and gdi file in one folder and launch from hyperspin

If you only have a few games it could be ok. I ONLY TESTED 2 so far and cant decide what to do so will leave it for now

post-93349-0-37164000-1475799051_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Archived