Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Nvidia ShieldTV Hyperspin - How to change paths

j600com

Sorry bud, didn't see your post. Really like the way you have done the images in your posts.

how you doing that?

anyway  the bios file structure is totally specific to MAME. 

For or things like 3do you just drop the bios in the system folder.

go into RA load the 4do core and go to core info. The details of bios files needed are there.

My website has some infor on bios (although I'm in process of updating the site so it's all over the place formatting wise. Lol

Yeah I've gone into RA and downloaded all the cores, wasn't sure if I needed to move anything around though on the file explorer.

There's an attach imagine button on the reply (on desktop) so I just took a screenshot and uploaded the file.

The error I keep getting on most systems is the missing rom one

On the Atari 5200 though it takes me out of HS and into a blue RA Screen as if the core is missing

Sorry bud busy ATM, take a look at my tutorials in this forum and I just done a full Atari 5200 one in the emulators sub forum

missing rom is usually 

wrong path

incorrect or wrong extensions set

rom names don't match what is in the xml database for that system.

what device you running?

my shield pro path is usually

storage/emulated/0 (followed by the folders in your image posted)

So I added 7z to the rom types and it fixed the missing rom issue. One system started playing the game fine, but others still take me out of HS and into a missing core type screen on RA

So, i followed one of the guides on YouTube to load the rom directly from RA via going through the load content route - it takes me all the way through as if it's going to work, but the final step says no core / no data. Even though I've done the online updated and downloaded the cores, it's like the cores aren't downloading for some reason?

You should see yellow text pop up in bottom left of RA showing the core downloading and unzipping.

update the core info also.

check in core info for supported rom types. (Load a core 1st)

sounds like RA can't find the required bios file when trying to load. That's why your hitting that screen. Or HS parameter is wrong so not passing the correct core to launch the core.

I think so, I've tried that many different ways now (literally spent hours and hours trying to get it working) that I can't even remember what I've tried and what I haven't. I downloaded all the new settings and re-did all the rom paths in those settings. But still the same systems worked / didn't work.

The annoying thing with it is that despite following the same process / rules, some consoles are working fine but many others won't.

I'm tempted to just delete it all start a fresh but I've spent hours transferring all the artwork and roms over - so might just cut my losses and delete all the non-working systems from the wheel

It's a tough one to crack. If you have a load working would be a shame to delete it.

just remove the ones that don't work from your main menu.xml in databases.

that will hide them. Then when you are refreshed have another go.

Just play some games for a bit!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think my USB HDD (or messing with settings) has somehow goosed my nvidia - the system would judder constantly then crash (stop working, report or wait message) even when outside Hyperspin.

Anyway as a result I've had to do a factory reset to get it working again :(

Good news is that means I can start all over with hyperspin and hopefully learn from my mistakes and do it right from the offset.

To keep it simple I'm going to run EVERYTHING off the external drive rather copying it all to the nvidia internal 500gb like last time.

Anything I need to be mindful of doing it this way? My plan is just use that 1TB drive I've got already loaded with Hyperspin and do as much of the leg work as possible on that rather than on the shield

good idea its so easy to get in a pickle!!

i think unmounting the drive from both shield and pc is best practise. rather than just pulling it.

im currently adding systems to my setup.

just do one or 2 systems at a time.

personally im doing it in rounds. Round 1, roms,main menu theme, system default theme, game wheels, pointer and launch testing.

then i will move on to box art and fixing any themes settings i dont like

Archived