Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Pac-Man not showing up under MAME

Haloman800

you should get a MAME XML WITH NO Clones , I use Don's tools to make one then use my custom XMLs to add all the games I removed

my custom XMLs

2 player versions as parents

I remove 4 player games -->  Made an XML to add  2 player versions as parents

clone games as parents

removed all clones --> Made an XML to add all the good clone games  ( such as pac-man, pac-man/Ms pac-man  speed hacks)

Clones with themes

removed all clones -->Add clone games with themes, their are a few clone games that have themes, such as Black Dragon aka Black Tiger

Cocktail versions as parents

I have a cocktail arcade,  so I set the cocktail supported clone games as parents.

Individual Games

Their are non standard Mame games I add to my wheel

Donkey Kong Pauline -- added to MAMEUIFX

Fix it felix --> PC game

Ice Cold Beer --> Visual Pinball (plays great on a cocktail arcade)

Zekes Peak --> Visual Pinball (plays great on a cocktail arcade)

filtering XMLs.zip

Simply open Merge HyperLists.exe in the Don's tools folder, and merge my XMLs with your MAME XML with NO CLONES.  And you will have a filtered XML with all your favorite clones.

if you do this their is no need to use any filters in HyperHQ

• 2 weeks later...

you should get a Clones only XML, I use Don's tools to make one then use my custom XMLs to add all the games I removed

my custom XMLs

2 player versions as parents

I remove 4 player games -->  Made an XML to add  2 player versions as parents

clone games as parents

removed all clones --> Made an XML to add all the good clone games  ( such as pac-man, pac-man/Ms pac-man  speed hacks)

Clones with themes

removed all clones -->Add clone games with themes, their are a few clone games that have themes, such as Black Dragon aka Black Tiger

Cocktail versions as parents

I have a cocktail arcade,  so I set the cocktail supported clone games as parents.

Individual Games

Their are non standard Mame games I add to my wheel

Donkey Kong Pauline -- added to MAMEUIFX

Fix it felix --> PC game

Ice Cold Beer --> Visual Pinball (plays great on a cocktail arcade)

Zekes Peak --> Visual Pinball (plays great on a cocktail arcade)

attachicon.giffiltering XMLs.zip

Simply open Merge HyperLists.exe in the Don's tools folder, and merge my XMLs with your Clones only XML.  And you will have a filtered XML with all your favorite clones.

if you do this their is no need to use any filters in HyperHQ

So I downloaded your pack, I merged "clone games as parents.xml" with my MAME.xml that was in my HyperSpin > Databases >MAME folder, then I dropped in the new .xml, but it's still not showing the cloned games. What am I doing wrong?

Open your MAME XML and check to see if  their was any effects.

If you have a default MAME XML with all the clone games,  and you merge  my "clone games as parents.xml"

Don's tools will ignore duplicate games.  this is why I suggested you make or use a MAME XML with no clones.

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, Grizats said:

Newbie question... What are "Don's tools"?

Dons tools is a HyperSpin XML management utility,  their are 6 programs in the pack.

the most important one is Rename ROMs.exe,  witch lets you rename your roms using the Official Hyperspin XMLs.

you can use

Filter Hyperlist.exe to make your own MAME XML without clones 

Split Hyperlist.exe  to make your own Manufacture/Genre specifict XMLs

Archived