Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Wanted to try Hyperspin and would love to hear suggestion from you guys to get me started

anthony001

what are some must have download that will help me in the long run. Please explain what each do :)

Should i start now or are there gonna be major update that will render the older version useless.

are all major emulator supported?

Ive tried downloading on their website and sometimes the download doesn't go through and i have to click download again. is this normal?

Theres hyperspin on android is it easy to port over my changes in pc to the android version?

Does hyperspin or any other front end support uploading or synching save file to a cloud storage or offline storage?

what are the advantages and disadvantage over using other frontends like launchbox(with bigbox), retroarch, etc. because im planning to also buy big box says it is good

anything else I should know about?

Saw your thread over at reddit.

I've read this the other day somewhere and was a good analogy, HS is a skinning program which you dress up the way you like it and have RocketLauncher do the launching of your roms for you.

I would rather start sooner than later. The art will still be used so as the roms for all the systems. I'm pretty sure all the databases we use will also stay relevant.

I don't really know what you mean by must have download that'll help you in the long run. It's to vague of a question and can mean anything from notepad++ to winrar to xpadder/Joytokey. Be a little bit more specific.

To answer some of your questions:

• All major emulators are supported through RocketLauncher if there's an actual module for it (most common/major emulators have one)
  • You would need to temporarily disable your AV-software because it will give a false positive on the download and install of Hyperspin. Don't worry it's not actually a virus, many users here can testify to that.
  • I don't have any experience with android, you would have to wait for someone else to reply to that question.
  • Hyperspin doesn't natively support save files syncing because those are created by the emulator itself not the frontend, this is the case for any frontend whichever one you'll choose in the end. You can however change the save paths in most emulators. It's then a matter of just setting the paths to your cloud directory and sync it up with the desired service of your choice. 
  • Retroarch isn't much of a frontend and more an emulator, you won't have any fancy art and videos if you only rely on Retroarch. It's a good multi system emulator.
  • LB/BB is easy to setup with a few clicks and can grab art from the web which isn't always correct or of the same high quality as what you would find here on Hyperspin. BB is a good alternative to HS if you want a quick and easy setup though.

One of the main benefits of Hyperspin is the themes imo, and the high quality art created over the years. Most of the art you'll find on other frontends was made by this community in one way or another.

You can grab most of the art/themes from the download section but as a non-premium member you are limited to a certain amount each day and are also limited on your download speed. Going premium would get rid of these limits and has the benefits that you can sync up everything through Hypersync Cloud which would be the easiest route to go if you want it all in one go. It also comes with a discount offer for emumovies. Something that you'll probably want aswell if you want fancy intro videos for your frontend.

I hope this will clear up some of the questions you asked. If you still need more information don't hesitate to ask.

On 11/22/2016 at 1:39 PM, Yeuxkes said:

Saw your thread over at reddit.

I've read this the other day somewhere and was a good analogy, HS is a skinning program which you dress up the way you like it and have RocketLauncher do the launching of your roms for you.

I would rather start sooner than later. The art will still be used so as the roms for all the systems. I'm pretty sure all the databases we use will also stay relevant.

I don't really know what you mean by must have download that'll help you in the long run. It's to vague of a question and can mean anything from notepad++ to winrar to xpadder/Joytokey. Be a little bit more specific.

To answer some of your questions:

• All major emulators are supported through RocketLauncher if there's an actual module for it (most common/major emulators have one)
  • You would need to temporarily disable your AV-software because it will give a false positive on the download and install of Hyperspin. Don't worry it's not actually a virus, many users here can testify to that.
  • I don't have any experience with android, you would have to wait for someone else to reply to that question.
  • Hyperspin doesn't natively support save files syncing because those are created by the emulator itself not the frontend, this is the case for any frontend whichever one you'll choose in the end. You can however change the save paths in most emulators. It's then a matter of just setting the paths to your cloud directory and sync it up with the desired service of your choice. 
  • Retroarch isn't much of a frontend and more an emulator, you won't have any fancy art and videos if you only rely on Retroarch. It's a good multi system emulator.
  • LB/BB is easy to setup with a few clicks and can grab art from the web which isn't always correct or of the same high quality as what you would find here on Hyperspin. BB is a good alternative to HS if you want a quick and easy setup though.

One of the main benefits of Hyperspin is the themes imo, and the high quality art created over the years. Most of the art you'll find on other frontends was made by this community in one way or another.

You can grab most of the art/themes from the download section but as a non-premium member you are limited to a certain amount each day and are also limited on your download speed. Going premium would get rid of these limits and has the benefits that you can sync up everything through Hypersync Cloud which would be the easiest route to go if you want it all in one go. It also comes with a discount offer for emumovies. Something that you'll probably want aswell if you want fancy intro videos for your frontend.

I hope this will clear up some of the questions you asked. If you still need more information don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for answering my question. Ive just started setting up hyperspin using simplyaustins tutorial. Ive got one problem though hyperspin cant seem to detect my ps3 controller. I can set the keys in hyperhq but when i launch the hyperspin all the buttons arent working.

screenshot.25.jpg

2 hours ago, anthony001 said:

Thanks for answering my question. Ive just started setting up hyperspin using simplyaustins tutorial. Ive got one problem though hyperspin cant seem to detect my ps3 controller. I can set the keys in hyperhq but when i launch the hyperspin all the buttons arent working.

screenshot.25.jpg

Welcome to the party!

most people will tell you not to bother with the controls section of HyperHQ it is one of the buggy bits of HS. You will really need to look into xpadder or joytokey for handeling all your controller profiles for all emulators and RocketLauncher.

im an Android guy and yes it is fairly easy to port over if you have a working HS. There are limits on android so stick to PC and do a little digging on android before you jump in.

20 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Welcome to the party!

most people will tell you not to bother with the controls section of HyperHQ it is one of the buggy bits of HS. You will really need to look into xpadder or joytokey for handeling all your controller profiles for all emulators and RocketLauncher.

im an Android guy and yes it is fairly easy to port over if you have a working HS. There are limits on android so stick to PC and do a little digging on android before you jump in.

Thanks for the reply. i used joytokey since thats the only freeware and it worked.

Im now having this error below next when using hyperspin+rocketlauncher. Im following simply austins guide How to set up HyperSpin 1.4 and RocketLauncher. for the PS1 emulation im using epsxe rather than retroarch as was shown in his videos. The game im playing is a japan region game but ive renamed it in english. Its rockman battle and chase

This is now working. I just need to change the local to english

I do have how ever a new question. Does RL create a new memory card when playing PSX games? im using epsxe and its creating a new memory card for that game with that games name

screenshot.26.jpg

Archived