Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Monitor questions for a potential project

brutaltruth

I just recently purchased a very nice Gauntlet machine that is in pretty good

shape and am very satisfied with it....but of course there is always the desire

for more.  The monitor has some burn which is not a major issue since I can replace it

with an lcd monitor.  That said I am curious if it is possible to pull out the Atari

bezel and put in a full sized screen that fits nice and flush with the dimensions

it could potentially hold.  Specifically 23 1/2" long by 20" tall.  I know, it could be

a tall order, but it would be pretty cool in there.....and look awesome.

As it stands there is a Game Elf 620 board which has some nice games on it,

but the truth is MAME has better versions it seems to me of the games with less

lag and screen issues than the less customize-able game elf.

Pictures will be coming in the near future to get ideas from you all. 

Cheers

Just do some research on tv sizes... it definitely can be doable

i converted a old tekken upright, but my screen was totally dead.

indefinitmt suggest to go to stores and measure them up. Also think to yourself like I did... I want my arcade to run like an actual arcade... meaning plug it in and boom everything all turns on.

so I went to best it and played with a Samsung 28".. dimensions where perfect for me and it turned on once ac power was connected woop!

go for it, jus be ready to make a bezel around and such

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is the control panel and front of the cabinet---kinda odd how it has Street Fighter II marquee and

side art on on side from Gauntlet but still has loads of potential.  The controls are also at 45 degrees and honestly

I HATE that, but other than that is is too cool and will be even better with all the classics in it and a trackball added

along with re-working the art (which I got for Christmas as well as a new bezel).

DSC04977.JPG

DSC04974.JPG

Here is the control panel and front of the cabinet---kinda odd how it has Street Fighter II marquee and

side art on on side from Gauntlet but still has loads of potential.

Agreed---it keeps one from bumping into the other person perhaps but they have got to be

either replaced or rotated correctly depending on the ease of adding in the USB connection.

It is frustrating to play some of the games like Elevator Action which is on the Game Elf----

which after a short consideration it is deemed must be replaced with Hyperspin for maximum

"BANG" effect---plus it is much cooler having ALL the games in one shot on MAME.

Also, I am drawing a blank on what the graphics are for the controls---is that Klax or something

of the sort????

Archived