Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

PC Specs Questions

TheMadHatter

So I think I am going to start looking for parts to piece together or keeping eye out for deals to make this Budget Cabinet. So I figured id make a thread to see what I'd need for what I want to do. 

Highest demanding game system ill be using on this PC for my cabinet is PS1/PSP

Looking for not necessarily BARE MINIMUM but maybe like one step above it parts lol. 

I plan on using a wide screen display on a 27-40 inch tv/monitor(if this matters)

Emulated Systems will be:

Arcade Classics/Nes/SNES/Nintendo 64/Sega Genesis/Sega CD/Sega Saturn/Sega Dreamcast/PS1/PSP

Extra Bonus Stuff:

I plan on mounting my 27-40 inch tv/monitor, but using a bottom style 4 player Controller/Cabinet.

Anyone that has any plans/layouts for a decent customizable 4 player bottom half of a cabinet would be greatly appreciated too

No rush because this is a future project but I want to keep an eye out for parts just in case :) 

Any help/advise is much appreciated.

Thanks again everyone!!!

I'd suggest just looking up this years Tom's Hardware gaming PC builds for the budget. Read those. They've already figured out a great combo of parts as well as pricing and links to the best places to order.

For the control panel check out slagcoin.com and arcadecontrols.com for everything you need.

10 minutes ago, Metalzoic said:

I'd suggest just looking up this years Tom's Hardware gaming PC builds for the budget. Read those. They've already figured out a great combo of parts as well as pricing and links to the best places to order.

For the control panel check out slagcoin.com and arcadecontrols.com for everything you need.

I guess I know how to build a budget gaming PC i just wanted to make sure the specs for my budget PC were appropriate for the systems i wanted to run. Like no need to get a decent graphics card for systems that doesn't require that high of graphics.  Or PCU. Things like that. I dont want to OVERBUILD either lol.

if you want to know how low you can go....

this is my specs from way back and runs all of the systems that you need with no issues at all.

Intel Core i3-2120 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail

Asus P8H61-I Intel H61 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

PNY GTX460 1GB GFX card

BeQuiet Pure Power L8 530W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular Power Supply

Corsair Value 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz

G-Skill 64GB 2.5” SSD

Samsung 1TB 2.5” HD

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

so basically any i3 /i5, 4-8 gb ram, an ssd (for hyperspin & vids) emus & games can run from a HD.

GFX id probably go with a GTX 1050

Archived