Looking for a 4:3 monitor for bartop

BladeZX

Where is everyone buying their 4:3 monitors in the US?

I would like a 19" 4:3 monitor

I see some online at newegg and tigerdirect.

I want to be able to go and look at it so I can make sure that the monitor will return to its last state when powered off and the monitor was on.

Thanks

The power circuit is either always on or always off. When you unplug it it wont change the circuit connection unless you you physically turn the monitor off. If you want the monitor to power down completely when the compurter is turned off you can use something like the belkin smart strip. It detects whether the computer is on/off and powers everything accordingly. However simply turning off your power strip won't have any effect on your monitor. When plug it back in The monitor will have power too. Any orientation you set your monitor for will be controlled by your videocard so that will remain the same as well.

Oh my lord, is that what 19" LCDs go for? My company did a massive upgrade and they are dumping all of the old 4:3 monitors so I have 15 (combo of 17" and 19" monitors) in my basement. So I have used Dells and HPs and they all return to having power on when I kill the switch on the power strip.

I have, they are great as long as you're not running a 60-in-1 board.

All the Dells I have tried with the 60 will not fill the screen completely.

Look on ebay.ca and you will find the better quality 19" Dell Ultrasharp for $50 or less.

Archived