Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

No Roms found in Hyperspin for Turbo Graphix 16

blansmith

I have been setting up a bunch of systems on hyperspin on my nvidia shield, but i can't get Turbo Graphix 16 to find the roms. They all work fine in retroarch, but when i go to hyperspin it says trying to launch missing rom.

I have checked and double checked the .ini file and i can't figure out what could be wrong, all of my other systems work and the roms are all stored in the same location in the hyperspin folder.

The only thing that i noticed is that there is a modules folder where TG16 has the name of TurboGrafx 16 with the AHK file named the same. Not sure what that is for though. Everywhere else it is named NEC TurboGrafx-16.

Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing issues here? I also ran Don's Hyperspin Tools on the roms to make sure they all match the Database file. They all seem to match now. I have also tried to unzip the files and still no go.

Thanks for any help.

I can post my settings if anyone wants to take a look.

TG16 emulator should be straightforward.   Ensure your path doesn't have a typo and the rom extension is correct.

I can't recall but if the system has a bios, after launching a game with Hyperspin, go back into the retroarch GUI and confirm the bios/system folder is set properly.

It does seem pretty strait forward, but i must have something off, i have redone my settings file multiple times to make sure that there weren't any typo's to the roms, I also renamed the folder taking the - out of the name thinking that could have something to do with it. It is now changed back. All other systems work fine NES, SNES and so on.

I assume if the game launches directly from RetroArch that the bios is pointed correctly right? Also MAME works in hyperspin and all of my Bios files are in the same spot so i assume they are pointed correctly.

I'll post my settings later today and see if anyone sees anything.

Thanks.

>>  I assume if the game launches directly from RetroArch that the bios is pointed correctly right?

This is not true.  Follow my instruction from above to confirm the bios/system path is set correctly.   This is a long-standing bug with retroarch that has been mentioned 100 times on this forum.

Thanks reznnate, I tried to point to my bios files in retro arch after a game was started in hyperspin, but for some reason it is impossible to browse to my bios files. I exited and checked from within retro arch without hyperspin and i am able to. its very odd like a hidden folder or something from within hyperspin. I can't even browse to the default location that pops up from within file explore on my computer.

Anyways, that wasn't the problem, after staring at my settings file for a while i just started over with it from scratch and now it works.

Thanks for helping out.

@reznnate 

On 2/8/2017 at 0:20 PM, blansmith said:

Thanks reznnate, I tried to point to my bios files in retro arch after a game was started in hyperspin, but for some reason it is impossible to browse to my bios files. I exited and checked from within retro arch without hyperspin and i am able to. its very odd like a hidden folder or something from within hyperspin. I can't even browse to the default location that pops up from within file explore on my computer.

Anyways, that wasn't the problem, after staring at my settings file for a while i just started over with it from scratch and now it works.

Thanks for helping out.

This seems to now be the situation with retroarch 1.4.1 on shield 5.0 at least.

i can only browse to the storage/ folder and then my nas drive but everything else lists no files.

@blansmith

the way around this is to

1. open retroarch app directly

2. Change the config directory to the data/user/ directory with all the retroarch folders in 

3. Go "load new config" and choose the retroarch.cfg at the bottom

this should load the config file that Hyperspin launches.

edit your directories(I suggest editing configs, remaps, shaders and overlays to point at some local folders aswell as system)

Now go and save current config

go to online updated and update your above folders

go back to load config and choose the one in android/com.retroarch/files

then go and change the config directory back to its original location

Archived