Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Screen to fit 520mm inside width of a cab?

connorsdad

Does anyone know which 39" or 40" screen would fit inside a 520mm inside cabinet width ?

Interested in both cased and decased.

I'm open to routing a few mm from the sides if needs be but I will need to lower the screen in from the top.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know which 39" or 40" screen would fit inside a 520mm inside cabinet width ?

Interested in both cased and decased.

I can give you one data point. I'm using a 39" Vizio, model E390I-A1. The decased panel is a perfect fit to my standard width cab with no routing. My cab measures 20-1/4" = 514mm wide on the inside. The panel leaves about 3/8" (10mm) total clearance (that's the sum of the clearances on both sides, so there's about 5mm on each side with the panel centered). I consider that just about perfect - you want as little leftover space as possible, for wall-to-wall display coverage, but for practicality you want a *little* wiggle room to allow getting the panel in and out easily.

This Vizio also seems to have pretty good performance - good picture and good viewing angle, and doesn't seem to have any perceptible input lag. I haven't used it extensively yet, but I'd recommend it based on my experience so far. The only disadvantage I've found so far is that it doesn't turn on automatically when it receives power, so you have to either turn it on manually or build extra circuitry that simulates an On button push when the PC boots. I've done the latter and have an inexpensive solution ($5 of discrete electronic components) that seems to work reliably. Happy to share the schematic if you want to go that route.

the internal space in my cab is 528mm. I have installed a UE40ES6300 in with no problems (its exactly 528mm after removing the bezel) I'm sure the newer 40" Samsungs are slightly narrower, as their bezels are smaller.

I have a couple of them installed at work, so i should be able to get you some accurate measurements tomorrow.

mike.

the internal space in my cab is 528mm. I have installed a UE40ES6300 in with no problems (its exactly 528mm after removing the bezel) I'm sure the newer 40" Samsungs are slightly narrower, as their bezels are smaller.

I have a couple of them installed at work, so i should be able to get you some accurate measurements tomorrow.

mike.

That would be great, thank you :)

you can use the tab "Specifications" of each TV and see all the dimensions

link:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=40%22+tv

example:

Product Height (with stand) 23-9/10"

Product Height (without stand) 21-3/4"

Product Depth (with stand) 9-7/8"

Product Depth (without stand) 3-3/4"

My cab's internal width is 520mm - I use a decased LG 39LN5400.

The screen fits with no routing and 2mm to spare on each side. I know these screens are discontinued now - I picked mine up a couple of weeks back and there wasn't many left in the country. 39's seem to be going the way of the dinosaurs.

you can use the tab "Specifications" of each TV and see all the dimensions

link:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=40%22+tv

example:

Product Height (with stand) 23-9/10"

Product Height (without stand) 21-3/4"

Product Depth (with stand) 9-7/8"

Product Depth (without stand) 3-3/4"

But this doesn't give the decased measurements.

My cab's internal width is 520mm - I use a decased LG 39LN5400.

The screen fits with no routing and 2mm to spare on each side. I know these screens are discontinued now - I picked mine up a couple of weeks back and there wasn't many left in the country. 39's seem to be going the way of the dinosaurs.

What is the resolution capped at on this monitor, 1920 X 1080 60hz?

Also I read the only connection is hdmi, I always thought dvi would give a better image quality regarding connecting a pc :/

Does the screen automatically turn on when the power is switched on?

How are the viewing angles, no clouding or washed out colours?

Sorry for the questions but I want to make sure it's the right choice, I would prefer a 40" with a high refresh rate but will go with 39" if it's ideal.

Also I read the only connection is hdmi, I always thought dvi would give a better image quality regarding connecting a pc :/

I would prefer a 40" with a high refresh rate but will go with 39" if it's ideal.

I don't think DVI vs HDMI should make any difference in image quality - HDMI is a digital connection, so it should be completely indistinguishable from any other digital connection. I think they're even essentially identical at the electronic/signaling level, because you can plug an HDMI TV into a DVI video card with a passive cable.

As for refresh rate, I don't think going higher than 60 Hz will do any good, and might actually be harmful - all of the VP optimization guides recommend locking the display to 60 Hz, and this is what "game" mode does on most TVs that have such a mode. PC video cards are capable of higher native refresh rates when used with actual computer monitors, but TVs aren't computer monitors; they generally only support the refresh rates of their compatible TV input formats, and all of the current digital TV format standards max out at 60 frames per second. (Although the 4K Ultra HD formats might specify some higher rate formats.) When a TV claims to be doing 120 or 240 Hz, what it's actually doing is taking a 60 fps progressive video format and generating artificial extra frames by interpolation. That produces a smoother effect that some people like when watching ordinary video sources, although it produces some visible motion artifacts that some people find objectionable. With games, though, the interpolation artifacts tend to be more obvious, so you almost always want to play games at the native 60 Hz. I think the interpolation can also add input lag on some displays, since some interpolation algorithms require buffering up several frames to gather motion context, leaving the displayed image always a few frames behind the input signal.

So I wouldn't worry about whether a TV has a high nominal refresh rate, because you're probably just going to turn that feature off anyway in a pin cab.

Does the screen automatically turn on when the power is switched on?

How are the viewing angles, no clouding or washed out colours?

Sorry for the questions but I want to make sure it's the right choice, I would prefer a 40" with a high refresh rate but will go with 39" if it's ideal.

Resolution of this monitor is 1920x1080 @ 60hz (50hz if watching Aussie TV) it's an IPS screen so has 178x178 degree viewing angles. It powers on and remembers the correct channel after a power down and has very low input lag in game mode. Only negative would be the colours need a fair bit of tweaking from stock but that's easy

Samsung UE40F8000ST (high end of the current market)

lower models should be the same screen size

5mm bezel around screen

1000mmx315mm

(1000mm x325mm including slight bulge on top for camera housing and bottom illuminated logo)

r0lt.png

mx5r.png

ygto.png

hope this helps

Thanks for taking the time to post Mikekim :)

Having had a quick look on the bay I see I'd be paying nearly a grand for one of those, that's more than I want to spend on the panel tbh. Had a quick look at older 40 inch sammys and the size ranges from 530 odd to 600+mm. Don't like the thought of spending £500+, decasing and finding it doesn't fit :/

It's looking like the LG but I'd prefer a 40 inch.

Archived