Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

(RESOLVED) exit strange behavior on exit with retroarch in hyperspin on shield tv

mikty

Hi, I have setup hypespin on my shield tv with success but I have a strange behavior when I want to exit from retroarch after launching a game through hyperspin.

When exiting game, it restart hypespin from the start with intro video instead of come back to the game wheel of the system.

I don't touch settings.ini yet.

is someone know why it happens ?

thanks for your advice

regards

pierre

Hi @mikty... I have not come across this issues before. I can't think of anything really. 

You could try grabbing the apk again from the play store. Or uninstall and reinstall Hyperspin. It shouldn't affect your settings but to be sure just change the name of your local Hyperspin folder before uninstalling.

what version of RetroArch is it and also what is your exit procedure? Hotkey exit or quit via the RA menu

Hi thanks for your advice. I use the last retroarch 1.6.7. And test the exit with ra menu and a hotkey config(i use another key than escape to not interfere with escape exit of  hyperspin) without succes.  i will try a complete reinstall tomorow afer a backup. Thanks

So I made some tests before going to sleep. I delete both retroarch and hyperspin with deleting after the bin, then make a reboot of the shield, then reinstall fresh apps of retroarch and hyperpsin using your android hyperspin base pack 1.1 but the same problem happens when I exit from a game, it switch on the intro menu then wheel system instead of directly the wheel game of the system. I M SO DISAPPOINTED because I use to use with ease hyperspin on pc and understand the fonctionnality on android. I have my device unlocked and rooted with a swap of hdd by a ssd but I don't think it make importance. So if someone get an idea of this strange behavior   thanks   regards

I have no idea what the problem is on your setup, but I have a Shield Pro with current Retroarch and Hyperspin and it doesn't do that. I have "Quit Retroarch" bound to the nVidia button on the Shield controller and when I press it Retroarch quits and I'm dropped back to the game wheel. Two random thoughts... 1) Maybe your Retroarch driver/video settings aren't stable and RA isn't exiting cleanly, causing Hyperspin to get confused? 2) Maybe your wheel theme includes some unsupported elements that are causing Hyperspin to restart when RA drops back into it? Android HS doesn't support everything PC does, and even for supported items there are slight rendering differences. 

Those aren't very compelling suggestions, but maybe they get you somewhere.

Thanks fot your advice. So I take a sudden decision to make a hard factory reset even if I lose the root and bingo, on a fresh install how seems to work without editing settings. I will root once again to see if it break hyperspin . Thanks for yours previous answers

Bye

On 8/26/2017 at 8:33 AM, mikty said:

Hi, I have setup hypespin on my shield tv with success but I have a strange behavior when I want to exit from retroarch after launching a game through hyperspin.

When exiting game, it restart hypespin from the start with intro video instead of come back to the game wheel of the system.

I don't touch settings.ini yet.

is someone know why it happens ?

thanks for your advice

regards

pierre

If you haven't factory reseted yet try this. In your Shield TV settings look to see if you have Developer Options enabled, if so enter it and scroll all the way down to Apps and see if "Don't keep activities" is enabled. If it is disable it then try to enter and exit one of your games to see if that did the trick. If not then I'm not sure what it could be.

Edit: Nvm I see you did do a factory reset in your other post. Well I guess if that ever happens again definitely try that method cause that happened to me before and that's how I fixed it.

Archived