Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Connecting to coinbox hyperspin?!

b.grigorev

Sure, but how are you gonna get a console emulator to work with a coin? MAME has a coin button, which you could hook up to a coin door and insert virtual credits. You could try and hook the console start function up to a coin button I guess, but it just makes no sense - console games aren't designed to be pay for play. You could also have the select game function in Hyperspin hooked up to the coin door, but then that doesn't make any sense either, it just lets you select a game (ignoring the difficulties of a multi emulator set up).

I think someone did do this in another thread. Not sure how far along it got. But they were making a script that played a Arcade game as normal per credit and consoles was timed for each credit. Kind of defeats the purpose of HS in my eyes though.... you my 2 cents ;)

I think someone did do this in another thread. Not sure how far along it got. But they were making a script that played a Arcade game as normal per credit and consoles was timed for each credit. Kind of defeats the purpose of HS in my eyes though.... you my 2 cents ;)

It's also *massively* illegal.

If you're just simulating the old school style of things with a coin slot, that's fine so long as you aren't actually charging anyone money to play (meaning you have like a bowl of tokens/coins near the machine, etc...)

I will show you in a video how I set mine up, I took apart a USB game controller (shown in another video on my channel) and then attached wires from the coin return switches to the buttons of the USB controller, if I want to add actual coin mechs. I could switch the wires to the drop coin switches.

• 2 months later...

Archived