Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Dear Hyperspin

I am having trouble renaming my MAME4droid (139.ui) rom files. There is more than one mxl file in the MAME directory and Don's Tools won't recognise any of the files in the 'roms' directory. What is the best way to rename these roms so they are compatible with Hyperspin? I am using the Nvidia Shield but I believe this to be irrelevant as this issue exists across all Hyperspin platforms. 

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Soup Pants

Dont ever rename mame roms...more hassel than needed. I tried it before someone told me lol

Get the right mame romset version for your emulator and find a xml and artwork to match.

The 2016 and current mame cores in RetroArch are good but the mame4droid 139 emulator is solid, i prefer it myself

Oh...….and while I'm at the keys I might as well ask a few more burning questions about Hyperspin not reading my data base. I have been able to rename most systems however I'm having trouble with Don's Tools recognising my Dreamcast XML file. - 'XML does not have any crc tags' and does not scan'. Any ideas about the best way to correct this? 

One final thing (for a while). What would be the be best method to download the wheel / artwork packs for the Nvidia Shield base download pack on this website (I think there were about 15 systems). Should these be individual downloads or is there an easier way?

Again...……..a huge thank you to the Hyperspin community.

Many of us have a PC setup already so we can just transfer the files from that. Hypersync will download what we need with a minimum of fuss. 

You can download packs manually from this website, there's a decent collection of free stuff but the really cool stuff is for paid up platinum members. 

You'll find free themes, box and cartridge artwork in the Hypermedia section. Just transfer it across to the STV via FTP software as I've already hinted at. 

I'm sure thatman gave you a link for the directory structure so you know what goes where 

Archived