Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Rom Path error driving me nuts in Hyperspin

Jetman67

Hello

I have successfully installed Crash Bandicoot trilogy PC game into a PC Games wheel in Hyperspin via rocket launcher and its working great, but I am also trying to get the same game to run from my Crash Bandicoot Collection wheel also. In Hyperspin I see it in the Crash collection wheel with all the art work and videos etc but when I run it I keep getting a cant find any rom path. Its driving me nuts as I have followed exactly what I did when I configured it as the only game in my PC games wheel as the initial test which runs perfectly. It runs in rocket launcher when I configure it in the emulator specific settings and hit launch as it did in my test setup. When I go into Hyperspin and go to the Crash Bandicoot collection wheel and hit run on that game I get the attached error, tried everything such as emulator specific settings putting the rom path into the crash wheel in rocket launcher so it knows where to look although I already have the application exe in the emulator specific settings so I wouldn't of thought it needed the rom path in the crash collection item in rocket launcher for the PC game, any help greatly appreciated it must be something simple but just cant see it

Regards

Wayne

Crash Bandicoot error.rtf

You have the game pointed to the wrong path (longest path i have EVER seen by the way)

Go to Rocketlauncher and PC Games and change path in the global modules settings (its in modules tab)

Also check to see if they have set up an alterate emulator and change settings there if required.

ok just for a test I got this working in the AAE system by setting an alternate emulator and pointing to this PC game via alternate emulator tab and it ran fine from within Hyperspin, but it does not seem to work in a collection wheel. The only difference between the wheels is the fact that there are no emulators set on the collection wheel as its just running ROMS from other systems via the ROM paths, I suppose there is some kind of limitation with running a PC game from a collection wheel that has no emulator set locally on that wheel and is just running pre configured roms from other wheels via the established rom paths, hence the reason im getting a rom path error as its trying to find that PC game via the rom paths, I have no clue but at least I proved to my self it does work

If you have the system "Crash Bandicoot Collection" , make sure :

You ADD Crash Bandicoot Collection to PC Launcher module systems.

add Crash Bandicoot Trilogy to the Carsh Bandicoot Collection database

Then setup alternate emulator in Crash Bandicoot Collection and point it to pclauncher as the emulator (also configure game in pclauncher module in Rocketlauncher)

Once this is done you are good to go.

I have lots of Collection systems done this way and they work fine.

Hope you get it working.

done all that same error, I have no idea

Add crash Bandicoot Collection to Pclauncher module systems, do you mean edit the module and add it into the list of currently supported systems IE Msystem entry in the PCLauncher.ahk, I must be missing something really dumb, I just cant get it working from a collection wheel that currently does not have an emulator set

For my Crash Bandicoot Collection i have my emulator set to PCSX2 as half the games use that.

Then all others games are alternate emulators, including Crash Bandicoot N-Sane trilogy that use pclauncher as emulator and then set it up using the pc launcher module in Rocketlauncher.

2019-02-23_07-01-30.png

ok I see, the thing with my Crash Bandicoot collection wheel is that there is no default emulator set for all the other roms so all the games are set up else where on other wheels and they just run from that wheel but the PC version of trilogy which I added to that wheel whilst it will run in rocket launcher perfectly I keep getting a rom path error in hyper spin when I try to run from the crash collection wheel even though it doesn't use a rom path because the exe location is configured in the alternate emulator and module settings. It must be the strange way it was set up. I did a test by going into a mame wheel and adding crash Trilogy PC into the alternate emulator for that wheel and it worked it just seems to not work on the collection wheels that have no default emulator, I don't understand it enough yet to know why but does my head in as I cant fix it lol

Thanks

Wayne

I have attached some screens, I think its the way they have been set up, all the collection wheels don't have an emulator they are just attached to a collection wheel with Rom paths and they run because they are setup else where in another wheel, perhaps the PC game wont work this way. You see in the screen shot the crash collection wheel has no default emulator and in the database file for this wheel there are crash games from a couple of systems so I can only assume they just work because Hyper spin finds there rom path but how does it know what emulator to use ?. Everything runs great in Rocket Launcher and all the crash games run from the collection wheel except Crash Trilogy PC, it just says cant find in any rom paths, its like that wheel cant see the alternate emulator setup for Crash PC

Crash Collection Wheel.docx

cool I suppose this is the price you pay for buying a complete CAB you really don't know how to troubleshoot effectively until you can understand how its supposed to work, thanks very much for your assistance, much appreciated. perhaps at some point I will recreate the collection wheels and get them working correctly. I got my cab from the below guys its totally awesome

www.ultracustomcabs.com.au

Thanks

Wayne

Maybe try using Pclauncher for default emulator

and other games use an alternate emulator.

havent done a collection for a while but that's the way

i was doing it because i did get a similar error if i recall.

also i had to tick (skip checks - roms and emu) int the settings

Archived